Part 1

Ladybug swings through the roof window of the attic bedroom of the Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie just as her transformation back to Marinette occurs. This is the third time in a month that her secret has almost been discovered by a civilian or Cat Noir.

"Whew, we made it back safely Tikki" Marinette exclaims to her Kwami in a moment of exhaustion as she lies back on a pink beanbag. It ruffles softly as she shifts her weight to become more comfortable.

"You need to be more careful Marinette, you almost transformed back outside again" Tikki warns, flying in front of Marinette's face. Marinette closes her eyes and covers them with her arms, she's too tired to deal with a cautious Kwami today.

"I know Tikki, I know" Marinette sighs "I'll try to be more careful in future"

"At least you made it home this time" Tikki reminisces "Remember the time you got stuck on the roof of a restaurant and almost transformed back in front of all those people." Tikki lets out a short, squeaky laugh

"Don't remind me" Marinette laughs "I still can't pass that restaurant without remembering"

The two share a laugh remembering the antics that have ensued over the last 4 years Marinette has been Ladybug.

Marinette's bedroom door is knocked restlessly and her best friend, Alya's voice travels excitedly through it. "Marinette! You will not believe what I have discovered!". Tikki flies into Marinette's purse as she shouts for Alya to come in.

Alya runs in and grabs Marinette by the shoulders, shaking her almost violently while sharing her news. "Girl you will not believe me when I tell you, but I think I might know where Ladybug's secret hideout is!"

Marinette's stomach drops slightly at what her best friend has just told her. Over the last few years, hundreds of people have tried to unmask the superhero but none have suspected the clumsy and shy Marinette Dupain-Cheng. Recently, however, especially after an incident where an akumatised victim removed one of Marinette's earings, people have been on a ladybug hunt and desperate to find out her true identity. Alya is one of those diehard people who will stop at nothing to find out.

"Oh really... that's awsome" Marinette replies slowly, in an attempt to convincingly lie. "how did you find that out?"

"Well, today when I was at the mall with Nino, one of the workers in the food court got akumatised and became 'human pretzel', and it was so cool, he was like taking hostages of the entire mall by attaching so many people together to make one massive pretzel monster thingy." Alya stops talking to realise she has gone off on an unnecessary tangent.

"Anyway, besides the point. So Ladybug and Cat Noir come in and do their thing, you know, kick buts and stuff, but afterwards, everyone was trying to figure out what just happened and I saw Ladybug and wanted to thank her. So I follow her out of the mall and she's running really fast, probably about to transform back but you'll never guess where I think I saw her go"

"Where?" Marinette asks, almost afraid that the answer will give away her identity

"Well I never saw for certain, but I'm almost 90% sure I saw her jump to the roof of YOUR bakery and jump in that direction!" Alya finishes, pointing North of the city through a window.

"Oh wow... that is cool!" Marinette says, relieved that Alya didn't see her transformation or where she went.

"I know right!" Alya screams, grabbing Marinette by the shoulders and shaking her again. Marinette just laughs, her secret is still safe. For now.

Marinette switches her bedroom television on to a news program and the two friends watch the playback of Ladybug and Cat Noir's fight against 'the human pretzel' and his army today at the mall.

"You know," Alya begins "we should go as Ladybug and Cat Noir for Halloween this year. You could make a costume so convincing, people might actually think you ARE Ladybug". Marinette awkwardly laughs before subtly shutting down the idea because she knows it would be far too risky.

Eventually, Alya goes home and Marinette sits down at her desk and begins to study for her upcoming exams. It's her final year of high school and Marinette has to get good grades in order to get into the Paris School of Design, her dream school. This should hopefully qualify her for an internship with Gabriel Agreste: Fashion designer extraordinaire who also happens to be the father of Marinette's biggest crush, Adrien Agreste.

Working for him would be Marinette's dream because not only would she have an amazing headstart into the world of fashion, but she would be around Adrien a lot and he would hopefully fall in love with her.

The next thing, Marinette lifts her weary head from the desk as her phone alarm blares through the room, indicating she is late for school.

"Oh No! I slept in again!" she exclaims rushing to change out of last night's attire. Marinette then messes with a few strands of her hair to make it look semi-presentable while still being in her signature low pigtail-buns from yesterday.

Tiki hauls a few heavy books into Marinette's backpack in aid, then flies into Marinette's purse as she runs out the door and sprints to school, barely making it before the bell. Marinette collapses into the empty chair beside Alya in Science class, breathless and red-faced.

"Did... Did I... miss... any...thing?" Marinette says breathlessly to Alya who laughs

"Nope, you made it just on time, your boyfriend Adrien isn't even here yet anyway" Alya teases. Marinette shoves her hands over Alya's mouth to quieten her friend.

"Could you be any louder" Marinette whispers. "someone might hear you and find out about my secret crush on Adrien"

"Girl, you've had this crush for 4 years now, it's hardly secret anymore" Alya sighs. "You're almost an adult Marinette and there isn't much time before we finish school and you probably never see him again. You need to tell him how you feel!"

"Not entirely true" Marinette defends with a red face. "If I get the internship working for Gabriel Agreste, I would see him all the time"

"Gabriel Agreste hasn't taken on any interns in over 20 years Marinette! You are so incredibly talented and would be very likely to get that internship, but it's not real."

Marinette's face drops, slightly saddened by the harsh reality that she already knew, but had pushed to the back of her mind. At almost that exact moment, Adrien walks into the classroom.

Class begins but Marinette only partially listens and is instead overtaken with awe for Adrien, so much so, that she doesn't realize her Kwami has flown out of her purse and out of the building.