Part 20

Now that their identities were known to each other, organising a plan to take down Hawkmoth was much easier to acomplish. Their first task: get a hold of the tapes from the TV station on the day of their interview. 

"You want to what?" Nadja Shamack asks Marinette. She has just picked her daughter up from Marinette's house after a day of her babysitting.

"I was wondering if I would be able to have access to some of the TV station's old tapes." she replies. "It's for a summer research project and I was wanting to watch some interviews with fashion designers over the years to get some good material for it. It's extra credit and might give me a better chance of getting accepted to the Paris School of Design."

"Well, I'll have to ask the station manager, but I suppose that can be arranged if it's for academic purposes." Nadja replied

A few days later, Marinette was allowed into the TV station's archives. She scouers the shelves for a good ten minutes before finally finding it, a tape labelled "Ladybug+CatNoir Interview" with the correct date on it. She slips the tape into her bag and leaves.

"Ok great, we have the tape" Adrien says to her later that day as they walk alone through the park. "How are we supposed to track Hawkmoth from that?"

"I already explained this plan to you Adrien, have you really forgotten it already?"

"No, it just sounds better when you say it" he grins

The next part of the plan, which Adrien definetly remembered, involved some outside help. In costume of Ladybug and Cat Noir, the pair paid a visit to their former classmate Max Kanté: the smartest person they both knew.

"Ladybug, Cat Noir, to what do I owe the pleasure of this visit?" Max asked as ladybug and Cat Noir appeared at his window.

"We need you to analyse a tape for us" Ladybug says, handing Max the stolen TV station tape. "Do you think you would be able to find out the location of Hawkmoth's Lair through where his signal intercepted the station?"

"Does it take Light 8 minutes and 19 seconds to travel from the sun to earth?" Max snorts with a knowing smile. "I should have it done in a few days, a week at most"

"Thank you Max" Cat Noir smiles

The next few days are a flurry, adversiting and organising a fake wedding to be the set up of Ladybug and Cat Noir's wedding. It was advertised to take place the following Saturday, at the Eiffel Tower, invitations open to everyone.

The pair sit in Marinette's bedroom at home, eating pizza and preparing the final details from the wedding only six days out from the actual event. "Have you put any thought into who should play Ladybug and Cat Noir at the ceremony?" Adrien asks, picking up another slice of pizza

"I'm still not sure about that." she replies, "Let's look at the Snapper pictures of people we know and try to find a match. She brings up the photographs on Alya's Snapper account from their school graduation day, the ones taken on the school's front steps. The pair look at themselves, then search the photograph for people who look at least partly like them.

"How about Juleka?" Adrien says

"wrong eye colour" Marinette replies, "and she's too tall for Ladybug." Next to Juleka, however, stands Rose Lavillant, her best friend.

"How about Rose then? Simillar height, similar eyes, and you're even doing the same pose in this photograph." Adrien points out.

"Not a bad call" Marinette agrees. Finding someone to play Cat Noir was harder however. No one  they could find was similar enough for him. The closest they had was Wayhem, however, he only looks like Adrien when he tries and therefore they suspected would not be able to imitate Cat Noir.