Part 9

Marinette chokes on her cereal. "what?!" she squeals, coughing up some milk back into the bowl. She sits down to watch the news broadcast with her parents.

"That's right! To all you fans of Ladybug and Cat Noir, last night we received some pictures that seem to show the famous superhero duo on a date on the rooftop of Le Grand Paris hotel, the sight of their most recent battle against an akumaised villain."

Some blurry pictures flash up on the screen showing Ladybug and Cat Noir sitting, laughing, and in one kissing, last night. Marinette begins to panic. Now the world will be watching them.

"We have no information regarding when this relationship began and have yet to hear from the hero's themselves to give a comment on this. But from everyone here at TVi news, we wish them the best in their relationship. Don't be bemused, it's just the news with me, Nadja Chamack." 

The broadcast moves on to talk about other news stories, but Marinette is still in shock.

"That's adorable, I'm so happy for them!" Sabine says

"I was always rooting for them, they always seemed to be very flirtatious when fighting crime" Tom chimes in

"Are you ok Marinette?" Sabine asks, noticing that her daughter is frozen in shock

"Yeah, I just... just... realised how late I am, gottagobye!" she runs out the door, leaving the bowl of cereal on the floor.

"Oh my God Tikki! What am I going to do?!" Marinette says to her Kwami once they are alone.

"Quickly, check Ladybug's Snapper, someone might have said something," Tikki says

Marinette once again presses her earring against the home button on her phone and is immediately flooded with thousands of messages on Snapper from people asking her to comment on these pictures.

She ignores them all and messages Cat Noir instead, asking if he was aware of all this. He texted back saying that he wasn't aware of it yet.

The week passes and the news of Ladybug and Cat Noir dating is still huge news. The pair are still bombarded with messages through their Snapper accounts asking for news of the pair dating, meanwhile, Marinette and Adrien have to sit through people at school talking about the news.

It's Friday and school has just finished, Alya, Nino and Marinette are walking home together. "Are you sure you don't want to come to the movies with us?" Alya asks Marinette

"I told you it's fine Alya, I wouldn't want to be any more of a third wheel." Marinette chuckles. "Besides, exams start on Monday and I need to do some more studying this weekend."

The trio reaches the fork in the road where Marinette splits off. "Well alright then, I guess I'll see you on Monday then," Alya says

"Bye" Marinette waves. She walks a few steps towards her home when an alert comes through on her phone. It's a live video.

"Breaking News to the citizens of Paris," Nadja Chamack whispers. "An Akumaised person has broken into the TV studio and is slowly taking hostages. Ladybug, Cat Noir, we need you!"

"Oh No!" Marinette exclaims. She ducks into an empty alleyway and transforms before heading to the TV studio. Cat Noir, lands on his feet next to her, just outside.

"Any idea what or where this akumatised person is?" he asks, wielding his stick.

"Nope, I just got here. The alert was very quick and not informative of the situation," she replies coldly. The pair run into the building, checking everywhere, but alas, all rooms appear deserted. The pair run to the elevator to check the second floor.