chapter eighteen.

"JENO?" The called boy looked at Jaemin, who arranged the red blazer which Chenle had given them earlier (since the boy thought they looked awful wearing worn out hoodies and jeans). "Hm? What is it?"

"Whatever you saw last night," Jaemin fiddled with his fingers nervously. "Please forget about it.." he said. "I just have those kind of moments at times."

Jeno didn't hesitate to give him a smile before nodding. "It's alright, Jae," he replied. After fixing his white long-sleeves, he went towards Jaemin.

"I'm not sure if you think of me as a friend, Jaemin. After all, you just invited me because of the fact that I heard your conversation with Renjun."

Jaemin felt a little ache on his heart once he noticed Jeno's smile falter.

"But, you can open up to me any time." Jeno forced out a grin. "Problems, worries... You can tell me, I won't mind."

For once, Jaemin felt welcomed to something other than his father. Jeno had this aura which would make him feel at ease, like there were no problems at all.

A haven...?

"Sure, Jen." Jaemin grinned. His nervousness was washed away by the black-haired male who stood infront of him.

"Anyways, we should head downstairs." Jaemin quickly switched the topic. "Chenle is probably looking for us. I'd be helping him locate the mansion today, so you'd be staying here without me for a while."

Jeno frowned. "Can't I go with you?"

"Eh? Why?" A smirk formed on Jaemin's face. "Does Jeno not want to go anywhere without me?" he asked teasingly. Though unlike Jaemin, Jeno had no time for joking around like this.

"Yeah, I really don't want to be alone without you," Jeno replied, mentally hitting himself to avoid blushing.

Jaemin froze.

"Uhm, what's wrong?"

Jeno quickly went towards the boy and looked at his face with a questioning gaze. "Did I say something weird?"

Jaemin quickly regained his posture and looked at Jeno straight in the eyes. His mercury orbs sparkled, Jeno wasn't exaggerating!

"You say such sweet words, Jen." He then took Jeno's hand into his and gave a light peck to it, causing the heat to rise up to the older's cheeks. "I wonder how much fate should I put to it..."

Before Jeno could reply, the doors bursted open, revealing the short, blue-haired male and the butler behind him.

"What's taking you so long?! I—" Chenle's eyes widened upon seeing Jaemin's fingers interlocking with Jeno's. He then looked at his butler with a frown. "I'm afraid we have interrupted something important."

Jeno quickly snatched his hand back. "D-Don't worry!" he stammered. "We were just about to head out!"

Chenle then gave them a look. "I hope you aren't going to go and find another bed—" Jaemin gave Chenle a glare, making the boy shiver. "Just come, we need to get down to business."

Jeno gave Jaemin a glance. Suprisingly, Jaemin also looked back at him.

Then, they looked away.

That's embarrassing, oh God, Jeno thought. And unconsciously, his eyes slowly made its way to the vampire. The pair of mercury orbs staring back into his black ones.

———

Dear Jaemin,

    Here's a little report on what's going on around the castle. I'm sure you wouldn't even get this letter, since no one knows where the fuck you are, but I don't care. So anyways, the place is in total chaos. I'm sorry for not putting things in order like you told me to. Just the other day, Jaehyun came to visit with Taeyong. They gave us some people to help us here. By the way, I made Renjun take a break for a while, I have a gut feeling that there's something revolving around you guys. By the way, have you found Hyuck yet? I'm still trying to find him, but obviously, it's failing. Anyways, I think I have a clue on who might be behind this whole thing. That's all for my report.

Mark Lee

-----

Hmmmmmmmm I wonder what's going on ahihiiii