chapter fifteen.

"IT'S been nearly an hour and a half." Jeno groaned. "Are you sure you know where you're heading to?"

"Of course!" Jaemin repeated almost ten times that he knows the way to his friend's house, but Jeno just kept having doubts.

Earlier, the boy told him that they would arrive at the place within an hour, but it's halfway to being two hours already!

"You should really learn how to trust me, Jen. I'm sure we won't be apart for quite a while," Jaemin cooed, making Jeno roll his eyes. "I do trust you," the older said. "I just don't trust you when it comes to this.." Jeno then tapped on the side of his head.

Jaemin frowned. "Are you saying I'm dumb?"

"Eh.. kind of?"

The vampire then gave a smirk. "Between the two of us, who knows the empire better?" Jeno had no chance of winning against Jaemin if questions were like that. "You." Jeno sighed in defeat.

"Fine, I trust you. But I swear, if we get lost—"

"Have no worries, Jen!" The car came to a halt. Jaemin then took out the keys and gave him a grin. "We've just arrived at are destined location!"

Jeno's eyes widened as he slowly went out of the car, his eyes never leaving the huge mansion infront of them.

"Woah.."

Jaemin then took Jeno's hand, leading them both towards the entrance of the place. "Don't get lost, this place is like a maze," Jaemin warned before opening the doors with his free hand.

Just like what Jeno expected, the interior of the house couldn't be anymore beautiful. Chandeliers, carpets, paintings. This place could rival to Jaemin's palace.

"Welcome to the Zhong's Manor." Jeno flinched before quickly looking beside the door, just to see a butler looking at them with no expression at all. "It's nice to see you again, Na Jaemin."

Jaemin then gave the butler a quick bow. Jeno, who noticed the younger's actions, did the same thing.

"Where's Chenle right now?" Jaemin asked. The butler then let out an airy laugh. "The master had been expecting your arrival for quite some time, after the tragedy that happened back at the palace. He prepared some tricks around the place for you to solve," the butler replied. "Once you manage to finish all of the puzzles, that's the time you'd be able to go see him."

Jaemin smirked. "Puzzles? Sure."

Jeno then whispered to the boy, "Aren't you being too confident?"

Jaemin snickered. "Maybe," he said. "Il give you something, Jen. Chenle doesn't know anything about puzzles. Compared to Me, Mark, and Renjun, he's like.. the worst of the worst."

Before Jeno could reply, all the lights went off.

"I heard that!" The loud voice boomed through the place. Jeno went closer to Jaemin, who stayed unbothered.

"There you are, Chenle!"

Then there was silence...

"Fuck it." Someone then went down the stairs. The lights went back on, revealing a boy with blue hair, which was almost about to fade away. "You were insulting me so that you'd get me down here, didn't you?"

Jaemin's smirk only grew wider. "You know it!"

"I believe your plan has failed, Master," the butler then spoke up. "Shall I keep away all the traps for next time?"

"If there will be a next time," Chenle mumbled. "Anyways, sure. My parents might be the one who'd be trapped instead of the son of the devil." He pointed at Jaemin.

"Actually, it's vampire," Jaemin corrected playfully.

Chenle sighed. "What do you need anyways?" Then, his eyes averted to the person beside his friend. His eyes widened as soon as he realized what the person was.

"Jaemin?! You're going out with a human?!"