prologue.

"YOU'LL be taking over the kingdom once i pass away," the king stated with a bitter tone as he looked at his son with sorrow in his eyes. "You and I both know that I won't last any longer."

His son could only nod at his father's statements, they were all true after all. The king looked at his men standing by the side. "I want all of you to take care of my son once he's king," he said. All the guards, maids, and butlers nodded. "i want all of you to take care of Jaemin."

Jaemin couldn't help but frown knowing that the old man could pass away. His father was always the one by Jaemin's side, after his mother passed away when he was sixteen, his father didn't bother taking a break since he knew he had people to care for.

Everyone loved Na Jaemin's father. He was a kind and humble king to the vampires.

Yes, they are vampires. The blood-thirsty creatures you would see in your story books, everyone would often see them as villains or so. But, deep down that image is something more. Jaemin thought it was foolish that humans would believe in those books or tales instead of an actual vampire telling them.

His father was announced to be sick a week ago, so they held a meeting for today to plan everything before he pass. Jaemin's coronation would be a week from now, that meant, he had seven days to be free from all the duties.

And the drama.

"Jaemin," his father called out, making the brunette look up with a brow raised. The king gave his son a small smile. "You're the upcoming king for our kingdom." jaemin nodded. Yes, that's already been said tons of times. he didn't say anything. His father continued, "And, i know you can't do it alone.."

That's true. Jaemin, himself, also doesn't think he can handle this kingdom alone. He needed someone by his side; he needed support. He knew his father couldn't give that support. Jaemin doesn't speak up, he just nodded once again.

"So, before I leave, i'm gonna be giving you a task." Jaemin's eyes widened at the next words which came out his father's mouth.

"You need to find yourself a match."

A MATCH?!

"W-Wait! Father! It's too soon! I'm barely twenty, a-and I'll be having a w-wife?!" his father sighed before crossing his arms.

"Jaemin, do you really think you can hide your sexuality forever?" Oh fuck, how did he know? when did he know? Jaemin's mind was filled with many thoughts as his father sighed once more.

"In every ball we would hold, you would always find interest in men, and ignore the ladies in the village," his father spoke up. "Yeah, don't worry, I'm not disappointed. I was just waiting for you to tell me."

Jaemin sighed before rubbing his nape. "I was kind of afraid of how you would react, I'm not willing to get thrown into the void."

The void was a place in the outskirts of the village, it's where vampires get banished from the kingdom. Jaemin doesn't know where it leads to, he just knows that it was where vampires get lost.

"You're my son, of course i would support you!"

"Yeah, I know that now.."

His father cleared his throat before looking at the butler nearest to him. "we'll be having a blood moon ball two days from now, I can probably attend it," he paused before looking at everyone in the room. "I want you to invite all the vampires in the village, we'll be finding my son a match!"

Oh. Hell just started.