chapter seventeen.

JAEMIN was definitely stressed. There was a lot of things he was carrying on his shoulders, well, not literally. One, the burden of being the new king. Once he finds out whoever is behind the murder of his father and the kidnapping of Donghyuck, he'll be having a coronation for him to become the new king of the vampires.

Two, he still needed to get Lee Donghyuck back. Jaemin isn't so sure if the boy is still alive, but for the sake of both Jeno and Mark, he could only hope that he is.

Three, Jeno. Jaemin definitely needed to get Jeno out of the empire. He needed to get Jeno back home, if he had one..

Jaemin's eyes always manages to see the smallest changes. For example, before Jeno was invited for the blood moon ball, there were always times when he'd enter the classroom all bandaged up.

Jeno wasn't being bullied in school, that's something Jaemin knows well. Plus, the streets aren't so dangerous, even at night. The only thought Jaemin was left with was the fact that he was getting hurt in a place where no one but Jeno would go to. His home.

Their little meeting with Chenle was finished hours ago. They both stayed in a room together. Fortunately, the room had two beds in it.

Each bed had lamps beside it. Jeno's area was dark, unlike Jaemin's, since the boy had turned his lamp on.

It was midnight. Jaemin sat on his bed as he continued biting his nails as if it were chocolates. His mind was far from being at ease, he was practically trembling.

This is when you see Jaemin finally off from being the brave boy he is. This Jaemin is the same one from years ago, being vulnerable after his dear mother passed away.

His mind was a mess. All he could think of was the situation they were in and how badly it would end off.

"Hm?" Jeno rubbed his eyes upon noticing one of the lamps on. "Jaemin? Are you awake?"

The vampire's ears failed to take in what Jeno had asked. Jeno then sat up slowly and looked at the boy. Then he realized what was going on.

"Jae—?" He couldn't ask any further upon hearing the sounds of quiet sobs. His view became much clearer as he went towards the boy. Now, he saw tears rolling down the boy's cheeks.

For once, Jaemin looked helpless.

Unsure of what to do, Jeno quickly sat beside the boy and rubbed his back in circles. "C-Calm down, Jae..." Jeno had no idea what to do if a person had meltdowns.

The boy didn't stop crying, instead, he stopped biting his nails and covered his face. "D-Don't look at m-me, J-Jen," Jaemin stuttered out. "D-Don't l-look at me b-being weak.."

Jeno then bit his lower lip. "Jae..."

The next thing Jaemin knew, he was engulfed into a warm hug. "It's okay to cry sometimes, Jae," Jeno mumbled calmly, trying to soothe the boy. "People cry when they've been strong for too long.."

This time, Jaemin finally heard the words Jeno had said. He squinted his eyes before releasing the cries he's been holding on for too long.

———

"Did they find anything?" Mark asked as soon as Renjun went inside the room. As of the moment, Mark was inside the office of Jaemin's father. He was trying to find any evidences or clues that he may have left behind.

"None," Renjun sighed. "What about you?"

Mark then held up a letter that he had found in one of the drawers. "Found one, and..." He went towards Renjun. "... I think you need to have a little break, Renjun."

-----

Renjun be like: "bro what"