chapter five.

"WHY am i even hurt by his words?" jeno wiped his tears away. maybe because he actually liked jaemin deep down, who knows?

jeno shook the thoughts out of his head and splashed his face with water. let's just get this night over with, he thought. maybe after the ball, he can go to some convenience store and buy some ice cream. maybe go wander off the streets looking for a place to stay.

jeno doesn't wanna go to the place he calls home.

he doesn't wanna see the face of his father, who had kept him haunted and traumatized for a while. he doesn't wanna see the bottles his father had kept in the living room. the cigarettes he'd just throw anywhere. jeno hates his home.

"jeno?" a low voice called him out, jeno wiped his wet face and face jaemin, who stood by the entrance of the restroom. "what is it?"

jaemin shrugged, "you were taking a while to go back, i thought you escaped or something." jaemin went closer to jeno and looked at his neck, "do you still have the necklace with you?"

jeno nods as he showed it to jaemin, making the younger grin, "great, we don't want you getting taken by other vampires here now, do we?"

"of course not," jeno said as he rolled his eyes.

jaemin just chuckled in response before grabbing jeno's hand, for a second, the older felt flustered. "let's go now, father will be looking for me," jaemin said before dragging him out the bathroom.

on the way out, they stumbled upon a very familiar boy.

jeno's jaw dropped, "mark lee?!" donghyuck's long time crush was actually a vampire, now he regrets telling donghyuck that mark wasn't a vampire.

mark grinned, "hey jeno, jaemin," he greeted, but his grin was then replaced with a nervous smile, "have you guys stumbled upon donghyuck..?"

"donghyuck?!"

"oh my god, mark lee. you left your mortal partner unattended, in a room filled with vampires," jaemin face palmed, "how dumb can you get?"

"this dumb," mark scoffed, "anyways, come help me find him, i already told renjun about this, he's already searching." and with that, mark ran off.

jaemin looked at jeno, "you'll be fine on your own, right?" he asked, "i need to go to father, he might be looking for me right now."

jeno nodded, "kind of, i guess?"

jaemin let out a chuckle as he grabbed something from his pocket, "here," he gave it to jeno, "it's like an alarm, kind of. if you press the button, it will alarm me if your in danger."

jeno nodded, "okay," he said before looking around, "shouldn't you be on your way now?"

the latter nodded, "take care."

he then disappeared, maybe it was some vampire power thing. jeno didn't bother asking much about it and went to the direction mark went to.

he walked down the hallway and noticed tons of family pictures.

jeno unconsciously smiled upon seeing jaemin looking younger than he already is. beside him was maybe his father, and on the other side must be his mother.

now that jeno realized it, jaemin never mentioned his mother. he only mentioned his father.

jeno looked at more pictures, there's a picture of renjun and jaemin together, there's a picture of mark and jaemin too. there's tons of jaemin pictures here, this was somewhat like a jaemin worshipping shrine.

"oh jeno," a soft voice called him out from behind, jeno sighs in relief knowing that it wasn't a stranger.

"renjun, you scared me!" jeno exclaimed, making renjun chuckle, "i'm sorry!"

jeno turned and continued walking, ignoring the small boy running towards him.

"did you find hyuck?" jeno asked, renjun shook his head. "no, a vampire must have took donghyuck with them," renjun said.

"and whoever that vampire is, i'll feel no mercy to whatever mark does to them."

-----

it's a miracle, i finally updated ssksksk
i've been so busy with school works, sorry ;;;;;