Dimenticato

Days passed, the sun rose and fell and you missed his warmth every time you woke and went to bed. Suzie was wonderful company, but couldn't do much to soothe your anxiety. Your body physically ached as the little traces of him began to fade away. Religiously you replayed his promise to you in your mind, his words were the only thing keeping you going.
One day, Suzie had run into your room in such a flurry that you couldn't help but jump in surprise. "Suzie? What is it?" You looked at her in concern as her panic stricken face stared back to yours.

She only shook her head over and over, clutching a letter in her hand, her mouth gaping open. She slumped onto the floor next to your bed and wordlessly handed you the piece of paper. Your hands shakily reached for it, gingerly holding it as if it could burst into flames at any second. Opening it your eyes scanned the lines, recognizing it as Lisa Lisa's handwriting.
"Suzie, (y/n), I'm writing to inform you of very important news. We have completed our goal and have saved Joseph's life. However, Joseph is to fight with Lord Kars, who is near to becoming the ultimate lifeform." Your breath stopped as fear clenched around your heart, time seemed to slow and the roar of blood in your ears came to a crescendo. "We plan to return as soon as possible..." Your eyes skipped over more details as you searched in vain for solace. Finally your eyes found the dreadful words you were praying to jot see, "(Y/n), I'm so sorry, I know the promises you had made with him and the future you had planned to spend with him, however Caesar is no longer with us."
A choked whimper came from your mouth as your hands flew up to your mouth. Tears burned at your eyes and filled them, your body shuddered as you began hyperventilating.
"No... no he can't be. He promised me, he promised he would come back!" You clutched at your chest, clawing at the fabric of your clothing. Your anguished screams reverberated around the room, releasing all the emotions that had lodged their way into your throat. You dry heaved and wept as the crushing reality of his death washed over you, you would never see his smile or feel his lips against yours. You would never listen to his laugh or his reassuring words. You would never hold him again in your arms, you would never spend another night with him in your newfound love.

You rocked back and forth desperately fighting the urge to vomit. Your cries echoed through the intensely now empty house. Suzie was at a loss and could only cry silent tears of her own, she had been good friends with Caesar. The sun set that day on your shattered heart, dragging all physical reminders of him with it.

-×-×-×-

You hadn't slept in days, your stomach was an empty abyss. You didn't mind, nothing could fill the hole that occupied your internal cavity anyways. Suzie had gone away for an errand that day, something about gathering food. Your eyes wandered to the sheer cliffs the island possessed, and the rocks that protruded from them. Oh how inviting they looked, their sharp edges looking like pillows of the softest degree. Wordlessly you had cleaned your room, straightened everything out and cleaned the entirety of the island mansion. Your eyes wandered to the cliffside, how easy would it be to dash yourself against the rocks?

Suzie still hadn't returned, and you decided this was the best time. Barefoot, you made your way up to the cliffs, the wind whipping your hair around your tear-streaked face. The small pebbles had scratched at your skin, the climb you had taken left your feet shredded and bleeding. Your vision blurred as you sobbed again, the wind ripped away the oxygen from your lungs. You watched the sky for a moment and sent Caesar a little prayer, unsure if it would reach him. You saw a small boat make it's way back towards the island and knew Suzie had returned. You shook your head and took a few deep breaths. Another sob sat in your throat, ready to choke you out in another dry heaving fit. Your gaze met the bottom to the cliff you stood ontop of and clenched your fists.

Turning your back to the rocks you stepped nearer and nearer to the edge. "From the sea and back to the sea... dimenticato." Lastly you took one last shuddering breath before allowing yourself to fall backwards. Tears flew from your eyes and you immediately recognized the small figure falling from the sky. It was Joseph. A million thoughts raced into your head as you were hit with regret.

"What have I done?"