Chapter 3

The village for the Fire Tribe was very different than the town that Andy and David had been living in. Instead of small homesteads, there were tents and little huts made out of fine fabric items and wood of all sort. Lanterns were hung outside the tents as it was night time by the time Kiawe led the two down the volcano. A dog followed his owner through the village of tents as a cat yawned on top a tepee. Both animals had bright fur with black stripes as if they were burned by the fire and ashes.

"Wow", exclaimed Andy, "you have a very nice village".

"Thank you", Kiawe said as he continued walking, "for tonight you will be sleeping in that tent". He pointed to a plain coloured tent with a few zig-zags of red. Next to the tent was a teenage boy with a red afro and a monkey on his shoulder. The monkey looked like any normal monkey except that it's tail was lit on fire, not that it seemed to mine. The boy gave a wave and a cheeky grin as he approached the three.

"Hey, my name's Flint", he said, "how you doing today?" The monkey squeaked and hopped onto Andy's head. Andy gave a sharp scream and Flint burst out into laughter.

"Get it off me, get it off me", said Andy as he tried to brush the monkey off his hair.

"Okay Flint, that's enough", said a voice as a hand picked up the monkey and set it back up on the ground. Andy looked behind to see a girl with a wild set of red hair and a boy standing next to her.

"Hi, my name's Flannery", the girl said, "nice to meet ya". She shook hands with David as the other boy introduced himself.

"My name's Chili", he said, "and I'm going to be the greatest fire master of all". He then put his hands together as a small flame was made in his right palm much to the shock of Andy. 

"You think that's impressive?" asked Flannery as she conjured a fire herself, "I've learned a few tricks in the hot pools you know". She then threw her hands down onto the ground as two flames erupted by her side. Flint joined in making a flame circle and throwing it up in the air.

"I think that's enough for our guests", said Kiawe as the three blew out their flames.

"How", started David, "did you do that?" Flannery and Flint laughed as Andy stood motionless in awe of what he saw.

"We were born with these powers", answered Chili, "I'll show you more tomorrow when I bring you back to your town".

"Just remember to not start a fire in the woods again", laughed Flint, "you wouldn't want that would you". The others laughed as Chili crossed his arms.

"It's getting pretty late", said Kiawe as he looked to the moon. Flint lit the lantern in front of Andy and David's tent as they headed inside.

"See you guys in the morning", Flannery said as she and the others waved goodbye. David thought it would be hard to get to sleep tonight but he was wrong as his mind dozed off and his eyes closed shut.