5: September the 1st

Comenzar desde el principio

"Woah" I breathed. Harry looked just as awed. "L-let's get to a compartment" he said. But Me and Harry could not lift up our trunks. Luckily, we were saved. "Hullo" said one of the red-haired twins we had met on the platform "Need help?" "Yes please" I said breathlessly. He nodded "OI FRED" he yelled "COME HELP" the second twin came. Together we managed to heave it in a compartment" Thanks" I said. "No problem" they said

"We're twins too. but faternal"

"Ah....is that so" said fred--I think-- holding out his hand "Well nice to meet you-?" I caught a gadget up his sleeve, and smiled "Emma" I say not accepting hand "I do hope you forgive me for not shaking your hand. I would love to except I don't fancy be electrocuted..or whatever that gadget up your sleeve does" He smirked "Well, look at that georgie...and ickle first year catching our tricks." "Yeah....you might be ickle Emma but you might just become our secretary" "What?" I ask, confused "We" said fred with a dramatic air geusturing to himself  and George "Are the kings of pranks. Would mind helping us? Once in a while" I gave him a sly smirk "I would love to"

"What's your name?" George asked Harry "Harry" he said "Harry Potter" The twins did a double take "Wait....if you're the Harry potter" said george pointing to Harry "Then--" he tuened his shocked gaze to me " --you must be the Emma Potter" Harry chuckeled nervously as I shuffled my feet "ya...I guess" "Woah" Fred said, eyes huge "your the 'Twins Who lived" I rolled my eyes "Oh how wonderful" I mumbeled "We have a title" Fred and George chorteled "Not a fan of attention eh?" fred teased Harry snorted "No" He scoffed I shot him a dirty look, "She answers way too many questions to not be noticed. And sh-OW" I hit him upside down on the head "Emma Lilith Potter" He chatitised "why'd you do that?" "You were being a git" I said simply. The twins chorteled "Well we best be off" said george "Lee jordon has a tarantuala" 

After the twins left it was me and Harry again, we lasped into comfortable silence until our compartment door slid open to reveal another ginger-haired boy--the one who was new as well-- "Hullo" he said "do you mind if I sit here? everywhere else is full" "Not at all" Harry and I smiled "Thanks" he said "I'm Ron, by the way. Ron weasly" "I'm Emma" I say "I'm Harry" said Harry "Harry potter" Ron gasped "You're really harry and Emma Potter?" We nodded sheepishly  "Do you have the---y'know--" he pointed awkwardly to his foreheads Harry pulled back his jet black hair and I parted my coppery-bronze curls which I had carefully placed to hide my scar to reaveal our lightening shaped-scars. He gasped "So that's where You-Know-Who--"

"Yes," I said, "but we can't remember it."
"Nothing?" said Ron eagerly.
"Well -- we remember a lot of green light, but nothing else."
"Wow," said Ron. He sat and stared at us for a few moments, then, as though he had suddenly realized what he was doing, he looked quickly out of the window again.
"Are all your family wizards?" asked Harry, who found Ron just as interesting as Ron found us.
"Er -- Yes, I think so," said Ron. "I think Mom's got a second cousin who's an accountant, but we never talk about him."
"So you must know loads of magic already."
The Weasleys were clearly one of those old wizarding families the pale boy in Diagon Alley had talked about.
"I heard you went to live with Muggles," said Ron. "What are they like?"
"Horrible -well, not all of them. our aunt and uncle and cousin are, though. Wish I'd had three wizard brothers."

"Hey" i said indigant "what about me?"

"I love you Ems,but you are very annoying" I playfully nudged his shoulder with mine "idiot..."I mutter. Ron grinned

"Five, brothers" said Ron. For some reason, he was looking gloomy. "I'm the sixth in our family to go to Hogwarts. You could say I've got a lot to live up to. Bill and Charlie have already left -- Bill was head boy and Charlie was captain of Quidditch. Now Percy's a prefect. Fred and George mess around a lot, but they still get really good marks and everyone thinks they're really funny. Everyone expects me to do as well as the others, but if I do, it's no big deal, because they did it first. You never get anything new, either, with five brothers. I've got Bill's old robes, Charlie's old wand, and Percy's old rat."
Ron reached inside his jacket and pulled out a fat gray rat, which was asleep.
"His name's Scabbers and he's useless, he hardly ever wakes up. Percy got an owl from my dad for being made a prefect, but they couldn't aff -- I mean, I got Scabbers instead."
Ron's ears went pink. He seemed to think he'd said too much, because he went back to staring out of the window.
Me and Harry didn't think there was anything wrong with not being able to afford an owl. After all, we'd never had any money in his life until a month ago, and harry told Ron so, all about having to wear Dudley's old clothes and never getting proper birthday presents. This seemed to cheer Ron up.
"... and until Hagrid told us, we didn't know anything about be ing a wizards or about my parents or Voldemort"
Ron gasped.
"What?" I asked
"You said You-Know-Who's name!" said Ron, sounding both shocked and impressed. "I'd have thought you, of all people --"
"I'm not trying to be brave or anything, saying the name," I said" I just never knew you shouldn't. See what I mean? we've got loads to learn.... I bet," harry added, voicing for the first time something that had been worrying him a lot lately, "I bet I'm the worst in the class."
"You won't be. There's loads of people who come from Muggle families and they learn quick enough." I said
While we had been talking, the train had carried them out of London. Now they were speeding past fields full of cows and sheep. They were quiet for a time, watching the fields and lanes flick past.
Around half past twelve there was a great clattering outside in the corridor and a smiling, dimpled woman slid back their door and said, "Anything off the cart, dears?"
Mev and Harry, who hadn't had any breakfast, leapt to his feet, but Ron's ears went pink again and he muttered that he'd brought sandwiches. Harry went out into the corridor.
he had never had any money for candy with the Dursleys, and now that he had pockets rattling with gold and silver he was ready to buy as many Mars Bars as he could carry -- but the woman didn't have Mars Bars. What she did have were Bettie Bott's Every Flavor Beans, Drooble's Best Blowing Gum, Chocolate Frogs. Pumpkin Pasties, Cauldron Cakes, Licorice Wands, and a number of other strange things Harry had never seen in his life. Not wanting to miss anything, he got some of everything and paid the woman eleven silver Sickles and seven bronze Knuts.
Ron stared as Harry brought it all back in to the compartment and tipped it onto an empty seat.
"Hungry, are you?"
"Starving," I said , taking a large bite out of a pumpkin pasty.
Ron had taken out a lumpy package and unwrapped it. There were four sandwiches inside. He pulled one of them apart and said, "She always forgets I don't like corned beef."
"Swap you for one of these," said Harry, holding up a pasty. "Go on --"
"You don't want this, it's all dry," said Ron. "She hasn't got much time," he added quickly, "you know, with five of us."
"Go on, have a pasty," said Harry, who had never had anything to share before or, indeed, anyone to share it with--except me-- It was a nice feeling, sitting there with Ron, eating their way through all our pasties, cakes, and candies (the sandwiches lay forgotten).
"What are these?" Harry asked Ron, holding up a pack of Chocolate Frogs. "They're not really frogs, are they?" we were starting to feel that nothing would surprise us.
"No," said Ron. "But see what the card is. I'm missing Agrippa."
"What?"
"Oh, of course, you wouldn't know -- Chocolate Frogs have cards, inside them, you know, to collect -- famous witches and wizards. I've got about five hundred, but I haven't got Agrippa or Ptolemy."
I unwrapped his Chocolate Frog and picked up the card. It showed a man's face. He wore half- moon glasses, had a long, crooked nose, and flowing silver hair, beard, and mustache. Underneath the picture was the name Albus Dumbledore.
"So this is Dumbledore!" said Harry.
"Don't tell me you'd never heard of Dumbledore!" said Ron. "Can I have a frog? I might get Agrippa -- thanks
Me and Harry turned over his card and read:
ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
CURRENTLY HEADMASTER OF HOGWARTS
Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is particularly famous for his defeat of the dark wizard Grindelwald in 1945, for the discovery of the twelve uses of dragon's blood, and his work on alchemy with his partner, Nicolas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and tenpin bowling.

Harry turned the card back over and saw, to his astonishment, that Dumbledore's face had disappeared.
"He's gone!"
"Well, you can't expect him to hang around all day," said Ron. "He'll be back. No, I've got Morgana again and I've got about six of her... do you want it? You can start collecting."
Ron's eyes strayed to the pile of Chocolate Frogs waiting to be unwrapped.
"Help yourself," said Harry. "But in, you know, the Muggle world, people just stay put in photos."
"Do they? What, they don't move at all?" Ron sounded amazed. "weird!"
Harry stared as Dumbledore sidled back into the picture on his card and gave him a small smile. Ron was more interested in eating the frogs than looking at the Famous Witches and Wizards cards, but Harry couldn't keep his eyes off them. Soon he had not only Dumbledore and Morgana, but Hengist of Woodcroft, Alberic Grunnion, Circe, Paracelsus, and Merlin. He finally tore his eyes away from the druidess Cliodna, who was scratching her nose, to open a bag of Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans.
"You want to be careful with those," Ron warned Harry. "When they say every flavor, they mean every flavor -- you know, you get all the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and mar- malade, but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a booger- flavored one once."
Ron picked up a green bean, looked at it carefully, and bit into a corner.
"Bleaaargh -- see? Sprouts."
They had a good time eating the Every Flavor Beans. Harry got toast, coconut, baked bean, strawberry, curry, grass, coffee, sardine, and was even brave enough to nibble the end off a funny gray one Ron wouldn't touch, which turned out to be pepper.I got Candy floss, Toast, sausage and soap
The countryside now flying past the window was becoming wilder. The neat fields had gone. Now there were woods, twisting rivers, and dark green hills. I wa feeling a little out of place. My brother has never had another boy to talk to...I never had another girl...
There was a knock on the door of their compartment and a round-faced boy. He looked tearful.
"Sorry," he said, "but have you seen a toad at all?"
When we shook our heads, he wailed, "I've lost him! He keeps getting away from me!"
"He'll turn up," said Harry.
"Yes," said the boy miserably. "Well, if you see him..."
He left.
"Don't know why he's so bothered," said Ron. "If I'd brought a toad I'd lose it as quick as I could. Mind you, I brought Scabbers, so I can't talk."
The rat was still snoozing on Ron's lap.
"He might have died and you wouldn't know the difference," said Ron in disgust. "I tried to turn him yellow yesterday to make him more interesting, but the spell didn't work. I'll show you, look..."
He rummaged around in his trunk and pulled out a very battered-looking wand. It was chipped in places and something white was glinting at the end.
"Unicorn hair's nearly poking out. Anyway
He had just raised his 'wand when the compartment door slid open again. The toadless boy was back, but this time he had a girl with him. She was already wearing her new Hogwarts robes.
"Has anyone seen a toad? Neville's lost one," she said. She had a bossy sort of voice, lots of bushy brown hair, and rather large front teeth.
"We've already told him we haven't seen it," said Ron, but the girl wasn't listening, she was looking at the wand in his hand.
"Oh, are you doing magic? Let's see it, then."
She sat down next to me . Ron looked taken aback.
"Er -- all right."
He cleared his throat.
"Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, Turn this stupid, fat rat yellow."
He waved his wand, but nothing happened. Scabbers stayed gray and fast asleep.
"Are you sure that's a real spell?" said the girl. "Well, it's not very good, is it? I've tried a few simple spells just for practice and it's all worked for me. Nobody in my family's magic at all, it was ever such a surprise when I got my letter, but I was ever so pleased, of course, I mean, it's the very best school of witchcraft there is, I've heard -- I've learned all our course books by heart, of course, I just hope it will be enough -- I'm Hermione Granger, by the way, who are you.
She said all this very fast.

 I like her "Have you read hogwarts a history?" I asked her. She looke delighted "Yes. it is so fascinating " My heart jumped "I know, I can't believe how--" my and Hermione chatted about everything we've read for 5 minuets straight."by the way, who are you?" she asked

"I'm Ron Weasley," Ron muttered.
"Harry Potter," said Harry."Emma Potter" I said

"Are you really?" said Hermione. "I know all about you, of course -- I got a few extra books. for background reading, and you're in Modern Magical History and The Rise and Fall of the Dark Arts and Great Wizarding Events of the Twentieth Century.

This girl was getting more amazing by the minuet

"Are we?" said Harry, feeling dazed.
"Goodness Harry, don't you listen?" I chatitised "That's all I've been going on for months now". Then I turn my attention back to Hermione  "Do f you know what house you'll be in? " She shook her head "I've been asking around, and I hope I'm in Gryffindor, it sounds by far the best; I hear Dumbledore himself was in it, but I suppose Ravenclaw wouldn't be too bad.... Anyway, we'd better go and look for Neville's toad. You three had better change, you know, I expect we'll be there soon.""I'll help" I said leaping up "just let me change" Hermione looked delighted. I shooed the boys off and changed at lightening speed "Let's go then" I said smiling at a beaming Hermione.

***

By the time we got back, we saw the pale boy from Diagon Alley and two other goons screaming in the corridor running away from our compartment. Hermione gasped "What in the-" I start. Then it hit me "Harry" I growled. I marched back to the compartment, Hermione close on my heels. I opened the door. And there sat my brother and Ron. And they were laughing. "Harry James Potter" I say, my voice a low growl "What did you both do?" Ron looked insulted "We didn't do anything Scabbers- Oh" he said spotting Hermione "come to bother us again have you?" She folded her arms "I came to help my friend"she said cooly, My heart filled with warmth "who happens to be the only sensible person I've met and to see what all the ruckus is about. Completely immature. You better not have gotten in trouble! we're not even in school yet"

"i think thats about to change Hermione" I whisper staring out of the window "We're here"