5- Catch Me

Terra's POV

A week later...

I haven't spoken to Maggie since that day she tried to convince me to accept my mate. Speaking of mate, he called off the search the next day. I should be relieved, but I was a little. . . disappointed.

As for Maggie, I'm very worried about her. She usually comes to my house everyday. Where could she be? Could she really be that mad at me?

It's now Saturday. It's also the last week of summer before school starts and to say I'm nervous about it starting would be an understatement. I don't know why I'm so nervous. Sure, I've been home-schooled all my life and am now starting senior year in a regular, cliche high school. But what could be so scary about that, really?

'Maybe it's the fact that you refuse to meet our mate so you're scared you'll cross paths with him,' my wolf said. 

I sighed. 'Maybe,' I retorted. 

I wasn't in the mood to fight with my wolf. . . not today.

You know sometimes I think I should just accept Collin so my wolf could be at ease and stop pestering me to go to him every second. My wolf howled in agreement.  

Well, sorry Wolfie cause it's not going to happen. She remained quiet. . . it's all she could do at this point.  

I decided I would think more about this in the morning.  

* * *

He stared at me, his eyes showed the love he had. . . for me! 

He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. He rested his forehead on mine. 

"I love you! I would never hurt you. You are everything to me! Just stop running away. It hurts me when you run. Just, please, let me catch you."  

He started leaning in, ready to finally kiss me. . .

"Terra, honey, wake up," a voice called.

I fluttered my eyes open. "Mom?" I rubbed my eyes to see clearly. "What's wrong?"

"I just wanted to tell you that I'm going to work, I left breakfast in the microwave. I'm working late with a client so don't wait up," she kissed my cheek, "Oh and Maggie is here," she said then left the room.

Maggie is here? Finally! I got up, brushed my teeth, then went downstairs. Sure enough, Maggie was there. She was talking to my mom.  

"Of course Maggie. I'll see you later. Goodbye Terra. You girls have fun tonight," she winked then left.

That was weird. . . "What was that all about?" I asked as I went into the kitchen.

"I don't know," Maggie replied, following me.

"Okay, so care to explain why you went all AWOL on me?" I took the plate out of the microwave, sat down and began eating. "I didn't think you were so angry at me. Look, I'm sorry that I got pissy at you. I just--"

"I found my mate." She squealed, as she sat down across from me, giddy with excitement.

The food entered the wrong tube and I began to cough like crazy. Did she just say what I think she just said?

"Oh my gosh, Terra!" She brought me a cup of orange juice and I took a long a sip, but cringed. The after taste of toothpaste really didn't work well with certain types of flavors. "Are you alright?" She lightly patted my back.