19- The Talk (Part 2)

Both mother and father sat across from their daughter. Richard couldn't help but stare at her. She really was a beauty. After they were all situated, Alice began to speak.

"I was about sixteen when I met your father. He was about seventeen.  I was new in town and I had just arrived to school when I saw him, chatting with another girl. I felt extremely jealous, to the point where I wanted to cause the girl harm. I didn't know why. I barely knew the guy to warrant that response. Then, he must have sensed me because he looked my way. And something clicked. My breath caught in my throat. He was. . . beautiful. . .

Flashback (It alternates from past to present.)

He walked towards me as if he were in a trance. When he stopped in front of me, I noticed his crystal blue eyes were slowly turning into a charcoal black color. It mesmerized me.

"Hi, I'm Richard. And who may you be?" He said, extending his hand out for me to shake it.

"I-I'm Alice." I shook his hand, electricity fired up my arm, down my spine, into my core. I immediately pulled away.

'Ow, what was that?' I asked in my mind.

'It's the bond. We're mates.'  I suddenly heard a voice in my head say. It sounded a lot like Richard. It freaked me out. How could he have possibly heard my thoughts?

"You're human?" He asked me out loud.

I looked up at him, confused. "No, I'm an alien." I said, sarcastically. "Of course I'm human!" I chuckled.

He started to laugh with me but I could sense something was up. "Right. Just checking." He scratched the back of his head. "Listen, um, you can't deny that there's something going on between us. There's a connection." 

He was right. I couldn't deny it. My parents always told me that you just knew who your soul mate was just by looking at them and they were right. I knew Richard was my soul mate.

I nodded. "Yeah, I feel it too."

He smiled. "Then you won't mind if I take you on a date later?" 

I chuckled and looked down. "No, I guess not."

He grabbed my chin and I looked up at his eyes. "Don't look down. You're my Luna now."

"I thought 'Luna' was his cute pet name for me. But no one prepared me for the surprise I would get on our first date. He took me to a dinner and a movie, then to the park where he confessed his. . . secret."

"You're a what?" I asked, completely flabbergasted and frightened.

"I'm a werewolf, Alice. But please don't be afraid." Richard walked closer to me but I retreated until my back hit a tree.

"Don't come any closer! Are you insane? I'm not afraid of you! I'm afraid for you! You could get institutionalized for saying things like that. Seriously, that's not funny." By then I was hiding behind the tree, hearing his light laughter carry on through the night.

"No, Alice, you're right. It isn't. I'm sorry." He sighed. "Look, I can show you I'm not lying. Just please come out from behind the tree. I can't stand the distance."

I was a little hesitant until I heard his final plea and I relented, standing just a few feet away from him. "All right. I'll humor you. What is it that you want to show me?" I decided to play along with his lunacy. Although, there was a little part of me that believed him. He took a few steps back and looked down.