Chapter 2

I'm going to now make the thoughts italicized to differentiate it from just regular background mind talk.

Word count: 5521

"Kaede...? What are you doing here?"

"Well, actually it's not just me."

I opened the door a little more and saw Shuichi as well.

"Oh! Hi Shuichi! Sorry, I didn't see you there."

"It's fine."

"So," I question. "What are y'all doing here? You need me to build you something? You wanna hang out?"

"Actually..." Shuichi started. "It's something that I wanted to tell you, Kaede, and One, but I noticed that One's hanging out with Keebo right now so I just left her alone and came to get you and Kaede. I need both of you to come into the library with me. Will you come?"

"Oh, that's it? Sure! I need some sort of social interaction....If I don't have anything to build or any video games to play away for human interaction, then my only choice is talking. So right now, talking is my only choice. Oh, s-sorry. I'm rambling again...Hold on, let me just do something quick..."

"It's fine, Y/n! We'll be waiting for you out here!" Kaede replied.

I quickly closed the door and rushed to go to the barhroom and grab some tools. That includes a screwdriver, a flat head screwdriver, a pair of needle nosed pliers, a spirit level, a small tape measure, a small flashlight, and adhesive tape. They all fit in my right pocket (thank god I made the pockets bigger for some of my tools) and I kept my Monopad in my left pocket.

Hey, you never know when you'll need some tools!

I then left my room and was greeted by Kaede and Shuichi.

"Hey Y/n! Let's go!" Kaede said.

The 3 of us left for the library.

I wonder what Shuichi wants to talk about.

On the way there, we saw and spoke with Kirumi, who was going to clean a room, Gonta, who was looking for bugs, Miu, who thought that Shuichi was going to be fucked my me and Kaede (I was shook when she said that and I wanted to die so bad at that moment. So embarrassment), Kaito, who was being...well, Kaito, and a few others. Then we finally made it to the library. There was no one else in there, or in the basement for that matter, and we started.

"Okay...before I say anything else, I want you guys to promise  me you'll keep this a secret."

"What about One? You said that you wanted to tell her as well."

"I know, that doesn't matter much anymore. It doesn't matter if she knows or not."

"Alright." I rely.

"Okay, we'll keep this a secret." Kaede said.

Shuichi looked relieved and smiled...Like a great detective, he began to explain in exacting detail.

"This library has books scattered everywhere. Even books lying on top of the bookcases. But, take a look at this bookcase. It's the only one with no books on top." He said.

I look up to the bookcase he was talking about.

He's right...!

"Huh, you're right..." Kaede says.

"Also, you can see that the floor in front of the bookcase has noticable markings."

"You're eight...What's this?" Kaede asks.