Love Letter

A broken girl, teary rain and lavenders; real tragic, real poetic - Like every other soul who stumbled and fell on the treasures of life, that is how I met you. Working on the endless possibilities of your cloistered book, a red polka dot dress seen among the dusty books by the florist had given you the perfect ending to your lack of answers and hindering efforts.

Our journey wasn't about becoming but about unbecoming who we thought we were. How nonchalantly your words alone created a fuss in my head by whispered gray rhetorical questions as we mused upon the Kafkaesque and Nietzsche philosophies of life. How I pictured up a different day where we drove past the signs and I relished under the presence of your hands, the faint thumb murmuring against my skin about the secrets of lost innocence and the mysteries of the Cheshire Cats.

What we felt was too comfortable, too unfamiliar and too overwhelming. You were sarcastic, riveting, hilarious, perfectly imperfect in my eyes, and it was the silence by your side where I found true bliss.

You were my unanticipated yet unfulfilled true love.

Your absence hits during random moments, when I rearrange my books, bring out a batch of freshly baked cookies, sit through the passing wind as I drive, on the third song of my playlist, or in the pre-sleep dream mode of mornings; that is when I feel the uninvited tears in my eyes and the aching in my chest to face what's gone is gone and I am left.

You read to me, "When love comes, embrace it with an open mind, full heart knowing you'll part with a half, and inviting arms," and as I sit under the blue skies with light fuchsias, your features and words refusing to be forgotten I make a promise: when love comes, and it will always come again - I will laugh with it, hold hands and embrace it with open arms, because your love taught me not to forget but to remember.

The words I write in this letter will be carried on by penetrating nostalgia, sweet oblivion and passionate sadness but with a tranquil serene calmness our memories would always bring. Because of you,

I find love beautiful, I find life beautiful.

.

.

.

The written prompt serves as a prologue to the video and the letter which Laurie writes to Andre. It is a narrative of her turbulent feelings and reminiscing moments where she gains the strength to forgo her past love and envelope her memories embraced in a letter. It goes like this;

Dear Andre,

Before I met you, all my days were spent in silent contemplation of what my lacking in my life.

But now that I have you, I have the courage to appreciate the person I am right now.

To express the love I feel for you is quite difficult, for words cannot describe what can be only felt.

I still remember those happy days when you read me your favorite books.

Missing you reminds me of how much you are worth the distance, because one day this distance will be a thing of the past.

I love you for all that you are, all that you've been and that you've yet to become.

Love,

Laurie

.

.

.

Director : Tapi Ampa

Actor : Tapi Numpi

Writer : Taru Ahluwalia