Kuroko Testuya; Need For Sleep

Start from the beginning

"(L/N), I need to talk to you for a second," Kuroko said, preventing the male from taking another step. (L/N) turned his head slightly to see Kuroko's hand on his shoulder. He turned himself fully around.

"Alright, what do you have to tell me?"

"I need you to do me a favor," Kuroko answered, staring at the male. "If it doesn't bother you."

"Sure, I guess," (L/N) said, crossing him arms while putting most of his weight onto one leg. "What is it?"

Kuroko, lost for a second, moved his gaze around the latter's face, closely observing his facial features. The conspicuous dark circles beneath the male's (E/C) orbs, alongside the droopy eyes screamed that this boy did not hold a proper sleeping schedule.

"I'm on the basketball team and there is this show I watch," Kuroko tinkered with his fingers, trying his best to come up with a fib on the spot. "And I always miss the newest episode due to practice."

"I was wondering if you could, perhaps, watch the arriving episode for me and tell me what happens?"

(L/N) tilted his head at the request. First off, Kuroko could just prerecord the episode for future watching. Secondly—

"Why me?" (L/N) inquired, modifying his school bag upon his shoulder. Kuroko physically flinched at the question, his thoughts jumbling together to form an answer.

"You're a... cool guy?" Kuroko responded questionably, uncertain if his answer was conceivable towards the latter. (L/N) stepped back, shocked by the reply. He covered his mouth with his palm, his face gaining a pink tint while his eyes widened in surprise.

"C-Cool guy?" (L/N) rehashed. Sure, the dude was popular due to his astonishing skills online, but he never heard it in person. "You think I'm a cool guy?"

Kuroko slowly nodded, ashamed of such a lame excuse. "Should I just ask someone else—"

"No! No, I'm the right guy," (L/N) reassured, fixing his embarrassed composure.

The gamer's hands were fidgeting by his sides; either originating from the late adrenaline rushing through his veins from the energy drink he chugged during lunch or the fervor from being relied on. "What time does your show start?"

"Five o'clock, Mondays through Fridays," Kuroko responded with a slight smile on his features. "It's called Hairy Tail - you can start watching it tomorrow for me."

"I don't see why I shouldn't start today," (L/N) reasoned.

"You're busy," Kuroko responded, officially ending the conversation by walking towards the gymnasium.

"I'm not— fuck! Detention!"

The next day, (L/N) did as what he was told — watch Hairy Tail after school. Throughout the episode, he was trying to connect dots, figuring out how this character was even pertinent to the plot.

"Oh, shit! I've connected it altogether," (L/N) cheered before another character came into view, demolishing his whole comprehension of the show. "What— who the fuck are you?!"