Kuroko Testuya; Need For Sleep

Kuroko no Basuke

The vitality that was being forced upon the air, whipped at the student's hair as he ran through the school corridors, rushing to his classroom

"You're late," the homeroom teacher spoke to the male with the disheveled bed hair as he leaned against the doorway. "Again!"

(L/N) (M/N), also known as "Late Boy," came sprinting in, as usual, into first period. Sweaty and tired, as usual!

"Sorry," (L/N) replied, keeping his head down low, clearing sweat off his upper lip. "I'll try not to do it again."

"Now, don't go making false promises." The teacher dismissively waved her hand for the student to go away. Students snickered upon the teacher's remark, watching the male's dreadful form drag his feet to his seat, laying his head upon the table. "Also, detention after school, Mr. (L/N)!"

The called male shrugged his shoulders and turned his head around within his arms.

'He's always late,' (L/N)'s classmate, Kuroko Tetsuya, thought. 'He's really got to stop playing video games so late into the night.'

(L/N) was known around the school as the boy who skates fast and eats ass — he's exceptionally skilled in regards to gaming, however it's gotten to the point to where he barely sleeps, leading him to the point where he wakes up extremely late — exposing his dilemma.

"Man, (L/N), who were you fucking last night?" A snarky classmate asked to the weary male as lunch began. A couple students bunched around him to tease him.

"The only thing I fucked last night was my almost Ace," (L/N) replied, pulling out an energy drink from his bag. "I was so close - so fucking close!"

The students left the exhausted male to himself, going over to their respected desks."I thought he was gonna say your mom."

"Man, fuck you."

As the commotion dispersed, Kuroko eyed (L/N) from afar, watching as his head bobbed up and down, obviously forcing himself to stay awake. "Not even an energy drink can work..."

Normally, Kuroko would go eat with Kagami, but seeing as though the languid male caught his attention, plans changed.

Suddenly, (L/N) aggressively rubbed his eyes up and down, forcing the sleep out of him. He then slapped both his cheeks, quickly widening his eyes at the pain. "Wake up, idiot!"

Kuroko flinched at (L/N)'s tactic of waking himself up, but let him be.

"I want to help him..."