Chapter 1

*phone ringing*

Hello? Yes this is Mr Brooke speaking. Oh my god...When can we arrange a meeting or something? Yes that would be great. Thank you

Y/N POV
As I walk down the front steps of my temporary foster home, the hot Louisiana air hits me. Even at 9:30 in the morning it feels like a sauna. It had been two weeks since my mother had passed away from a drug over dose. My father was in prison, I try to visit him as often as I could but transportation cost too much money.

I was awaiting the news from my lawyer that they had found a relative that I could live with. Of course being that my mom was fucked up on drugs most of my life I've never met any of my Aunts, Uncles, or even cousins. The only thing I knew was Football. I walked about 5 blocks until I got to my high school. It was a Saturday, coming off a great win from last night, I took it all in, this could possibly be my last time standing on this field. As I stood in the end zone I bent down and dragged my fingers across the wet grass. This was my true home.

As I turned and walked off my phone started buzzing in my back pocket, I slipped it out and looked at who was calling, quickly seeing it was my lawyer. I hit answer and was hit with his deep voice. "Y/N we found a relative who wants to take you in, your moms older brother Jerry" I sighed. He continued. "Him and his family live in Miami, Florida. He has one daughter named Ally, and of course his wife. They have a great stable home and I think this will be a great opportunity for you" after a long silence between us I only had one question "when do I leave?"

______
•sorry chapter 1 is short but also this is my first book so cut me some slack lol. I hope y'all enjoy it!