By 10:30, Harry and I are standing outside the back entrance of the hotel, waiting for the Uber. I inhale sharply, feeling my stomach churn as it pulls into the lot. He grabs my face and looks into my eyes.

"He's a dead man." He calmly says before kissing me softly. I place my hand on his cheek as he does so, feeling him grin into my lips.

"I love you." I quietly tell him once we pull away.

"Mean it?" He mocks and I shove him away from me but he grabs my hand, pulling me right back to kiss me again. "I love you."

With a final smile, I make my way to the Uber and get inside, letting it take me away from my Harry.

-

Beachwood is oddly empty this morning. Does no one really fucking go to cafes this early anymore? The only people inside are an elderly couple and the workers behind the front counter.

It's 11:02 when I arrive, pulling the door back and looking around. My eyes settle onto the figure in the corner, feeling my heart drop. Glancing at my phone, I quickly read the messages on my lock screen.

Blair: Cops will be there soon. Just hold on. I love you babe

Chérie: Miss your pretty face. Come back to me as soon as you can.

Inhaling, I walk over to the table he's sitting at and slide into the chair across the table from him. He instantly lifts his head to look up at me and a small smirk reaches his face.

"It's been a while." River states, folding his hands on the table.

Just wait it out, Mona. You got this.

"What do you want?" I sigh.

"You don't seem excited to see me." He frowns.

"My apologies for wanting nothing to do with someone who burned my fucking house down."
I spit.

River rolls his eyes and runs his fingers through his hair.

"You act like you're so innocent." He scoffs.

"I didn't do anything to you."

"You cheated on me!" He hisses, his hand slamming down on the table.

From the counter, both workers are watching intently, whispering to each other.

"I know, and I would say I'm sorry but I don't regret it anymore. You're a sick fuck. What I did is nothing compared to what you put me through. I don't understand why you won't just leave me alone."

"This isn't about me." River firmly states.

"Then what is it about?"

He pauses and sits back, "Ever heard of a girl named Fiona?"

Fiona? As in the Fiona that took advantage of my Harry?

"What about her?" I carefully ask.

"When Harry fired her, she was absolutely wrecked. Of course, being the older brother, I had to do everything I could to make sure I got even."