Chapter 5

[Continued]

"What?! When did that happen?" Ladybug asked, shocked.

Natasha turned the phone back to herself. "Aww. You guys look so cute when you're sleeping." Natasha said, cooing.

"Give me that!" Ladybug shouted as she started to reach for Natasha's phone.

"Hey!" Natasha held the phone above her head, out of Ladybug's reach. "What are you trying to do?" Natasha giggled.

"Get rid of it!" Ladybug screamed at Natasha. She struggled to grab for the phone.

"Oh, come on. You guys were almost holding hands." Natasha couldn't contain her giggling.

"I don't want you to have that photo." Ladybug said, trying to explain while frustrated. "What if Chat Noir or... someone else were to see it?"

"Oh, I think he should definitely see this."

"NO!" Ladybug yelled.

"I'm kidding." Natasha turned her phone off, putting it back in her pocket. "But seriously, the two of you, I can tell there's more than meets the eye."

"For the last time." Ladybug said, clearly unhappy. "We... are not... a couple! Now you're worse than Chat Noir."

Natasha started to calm down. "Okay... but, don't you like him a little?"

"No... I mean, yeah... no, wait... I-I... I, like him, as... as a friend, but... not like that!" Ladybug stammered.

"Uh-huh. You're both still close though."

"Yes... as superhero partners." Ladybug specified.

"Fine, whatever you say. I do have another question though. Why do you still keep secret identities?"

"So Hawkmoth can't find out who we are. It's for our own safety."

"How long have you been working together?"

"For... a pretty long time, I guess."

"And would you trust him with your life?"

"Well... yes..."

"Then I don't see a problem. If you really trusted him that much, and for him the same, it wouldn't make sense for you to keep identities from each other. I mean, look at us. Everyone in the Avengers knows who the other is, it strengthens us in a way, and we have come across worse then what you have told me about your enemies. But I will admit, you seem to have plenty of experience."

"Well, we're not as skilled and experienced as you are. We're not adults."

"Marinette, there's a time when everyone grows up. Maybe telling him who you are and knowing who he is will help you do that."

"I told you not to call me that, and..."

"At least think about it." Natasha interrupted. She then got a text and looked at her phone. "We can talk more about this later." Natasha put her phone away, then pressed a spot on her Time-Space GPS. The Quantum suit formed around her. "Right now, we need to be getting those stones. Come on."

Ladybug activated her own suit and followed Natasha. I do trust Chat Noir. She thought. But if Hawkmoth were to find out who one of us is, then he can use us for information to find out about the other. Ladybug looked at her new friend. Grow up? What if, today's the day we grow up?

...

"I'm a bit surprised that you two still don't know each other." Scott commented.

"Well, she said it's for our safety." Chat Noir explained. The guys had been pressuring him about this for a while. When Clint told them that they still had secret identities, everyone seemed to think the idea was childish, at least that's how Tony put it. Now Chat Noir couldn't really get them all to drop the subject. The only ones who were not here in were Bruce and Carapace. They were busy with something that Chat Noir couldn't remember. All of them were in their Quantum outfits, except Tony.