Chapter 19: Cure

Asami P.O.V

"You can rest now. I know of a way to destroy the poison inside me..." I whispered to him as I stroked his head. He looked up at me and grabbed my shoulder with his arm. "What?" he asked, he seemed skeptical and agitated. Like what I was going to say could mean the difference between life and death which, in my case, it actually was. 

"There is a very rare flower that only grows in my village. It is called the Kikyo snowflake and it has the ability to destroy any poison inside a person's body, no matter how strong. I'm sure it can destroy yours..." I explained to him but he bit his lip. He didn't seem comforted by it. "W-what if it doesn't work? I...I can't...lose you...Asami. You don't understand how precious you are to me..." his voice fell into a whisper and I felt my heart swell up even more. I think I knew why I was feeling this way.

I cupped his cheek with my hand and smiled as I stared into his worried eyes. I jumped up and kissed his cheek on impulse but I didn't regret it. My cheeks were flushed but my smile never faltered as I stared back into his eyes, my hand never leaving his cheek. "I won't disappear. I won't die. I won't leave you, I promise" 

<><><>

"Sesshomaru...I can still walk, you know" I mumbled as he carried me back to my room, I didn't even know how he was able to do it with only one arm. "Your body is still weak. Just this once, let me do this for you..." he said and I nodded before resting my head against his chest. We finally arrived in the room and he set me down gently on the bed before placing the covers over my legs. "How is Rin? Has she been doing alright?" I asked him and he nodded his head. "My mother has been keeping her occupied so she wouldn't worry. Strangely enough, my mother has grown rather fond of her even though she is human" Sesshomaru chuckled and I giggled as well. I was glad that Rin was safe. I wanted to see her. I wanted to see my precious Rin.

"May I see her?" I asked him and he nodded his head before pressing his forehead against mine. "I'll go and tell her that you are awake. Stay here and don't leave this bed" he said before leaving the room to go and get Rin. I wasn't sure what I was feeling before but now I was definitely sure of it. I was in love with Sesshomaru. I wanted to say it but it didn't feel like the right time. I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it. I didn't know how far we were from my village and its been so long since I've been there that I was beginning to forget where it was. All in all, I was worried. It seemed like the cards were stacked against me.

"Mommy!" Rin screamed once she entered the room and I couldn't wait to hold her in my arms. She jumped onto the bed and tackled me and I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame. "I missed you so much, Mommy! Grandma said that you were sick and told me that I shouldn't bother you until you were better" she said, giggling and I stroked her hair with a soft smile. "Grandma?" I asked, she nodded her head before pointing to Sesshomaru. "Lord Sesshomaru's mother told me that since you two will eventually get married then I should start calling her grandma" she exclaimed cheerfuly and I felt my cheeks flush a bright cherry red. I haven't even met the woman yet and she already thinks I will marry her son? T-that's seems too much! I just got my feelings in order, I'm not ready to get married!

I glanced at Sesshomaru and his ears were glowing red while he glared at the door. I'm guessing he had nothing to do with his mother's weird antics. "So...when will you two get married?" Rin asked and I nearly choked on my own spit. What has that woman been telling Rin?

"Rin, that is enough. Asami needs to rest..." Sesshomaru said and Rin happily nodded her head. These two have a better relationship now than when they first met. What exactly happened while I was unconcious?

"Goodnight, Mommy" Rin greeted, kissing my cheek before jumping off the bed. I kissed her forehead before telling her goodnight. It was strange to see Rin like this. She would usually never be so willing to leave my side and we always slept next to each other because I would always sing her a lullaby to get her to fall asleep. Now, she was able to sleep all by herself. She was growing up too fast for my comfort but I knew that I had to accept it eventually. It was something out of my control.

"Asami..." Sesshomaru whispered before sitting on the bed and nuzzling my hair. Then, he moved to my neck and I flinched a bit when I felt his breath against my skin. "Asami...I...I can't calm myself. I don't think I will be able to calm myself until I tell you this. I want to tell you something...something I should have told you the moment I saw you again. Asami, I love you" he said and my heart began to flutter. 

"I-I know that I did horrible things to you in the past. I know that I hurt you but I want you to know that I regret everything I did. Hurting you was the thing I regret the most. I know that it isn't so easy to forgive someone, especially after everything I did to you and I know that I will never be able to atone for-" I had had enough of him talking badly about himself. Before he could go on, I cupped his cheeks with my hands and pulled his face closer to me, capturing his lips with mine. It was a short kiss before I pulled back and looked into his eyes, my hands never leaving his cheeks. 

"Sesshomaru...I already told you that I don't hate you and I don't blame you for what is happening to me. I know this may not be the right time to say this but...I love you too" I admitted then it was his turn to capture my lips with his. The kiss made my heart race and my skin tingle. Soon, I felt his arm snake around my waist before he pulled me onto his lap. 

My fingers played with the strands of his hair while he deepened the kiss, his arm fitting perfectly against the curve of my waist. I pulled back for air but his lips moved from my lips to my neck. "S-sesshomaru...w-wait" I whispered when I felt the tip of his fangs brush against the skin of my neck. He stopped and looked at me with eyes that made what he wanted very clear. "Asami...can I...can I mark you? Please...I...I don't think I will be able to calm my agitation if I don't..." he mumbled and I smiled softly at him before nodding my head. We both felt and wanted the same thing. I didn't think I would be able to calm my fears if I didn't let him do it.

"Of course...I'm all yours..."