Chapter 5: Abandoned

Asami P.O.V

When I woke up, he was gone. All of them were gone. I had been abandoned. After being a prisoner for so long, I had finally been abandoned. I wanted to feel happy, I was finally free, but I didn't feel anything. No joy, no sorrow, nothing. I just sat there for a couple of minutes with my back against the tree until I could no longer stand the stench of Sesshomaru's scent all over me. I threw the blanket as far away from me as I could, his scent covered it so intensely. I wanted to get rid of it. I wanted to run as far away as I could so that if he did decide to come back then he would never find me again. But my legs felt so weak and my body felt so heavy that when I tried to stand, I ended up falling back onto my butt. I only moved when I heard the rustling of bushes. I felt my heart drop, I thought it was him coming back. I didn't want to see him. He scared me. I didn't want to live in fear anymore.

I was too weak to shapeshift so I tried to hide myself in the branches of the tree, hoping that he wouldn't notice me but as the footsteps grew closer, I smelled a different scent. It was a human. I waited for the person to leave the bushes and come into full view then watched as someone stopped right infront of the tree I was hiding in. It was a child. I poked my head out of the weave of branches and leaves and she simply stared at me before approaching me with a smile on her face. Feeling that she wasn't a threat, I slowly climbed down the tree until I was right infront of her. "H-hello... c-child" I said. I was surprised that words were able to come out. My voice was small and pitchy from not being used for a long time. It also sounded strange but she was able to hear me. 

She just smiled and grabbed my hand, pulling me along with her. "W-where a-are y-you t-taking me?" I asked but she remained silent. I decided to just go along with her. She was just a child and I didn't see her as a threat. She brought out my speech for the first time in a long time. I was grateful to her for that, atleast.

She took me to a hut hidden near the riverside and showed me the inside. It was small and a little bit dusty but it was cozy. "Do you...live here...alone?" I slowly asked and she nodded. I bit my lip, she was living here all by herself. I couldn't imagine how she was able to survive all on her own. I didn't dare ask where her parents were. I already had an idea of what the answer would be. 

Then, I impulsively asked her something. "May...I live here with you?" I asked and her eyes brightened as she frantically nodded. I was glad, I had nowhere else to go. I didn't know where I was or how I would get back to my village. I was lost. Living with her was my only option and in this way, I could protect her as well. She reminded me of Yuki, small, innocent and soft spoken but she had a bright smile that made me feel warm inside.

"What is your name?" I asked and she shook her head before pointing to me. "Okay...I'll start, my name is Asami" I said and she grabbed a stick before writing her name in the dirt. Rin. My eyes grew sad as I realised something. "Rin...are you not able to speak?" I asked, she nodded her head, her smile not faltering. I couldn't understand the warmth I was feeling at seeing this child. Even with her condition, she still found the strength to smile. It inspired me.

<><><>

I woke up and Rin was gone. I felt a sense of panick overcome me at not seeing her anywhere. I followed my nose until it led me to a path that led to a small human village. My ears twitched at the sound of heavy foosteps as if someone was running towards me then Rin's scent grew stronger, but there was another scent mixed in with it. I growled as I realised what was happening. She was being chased. When I finally saw her, I kneeled down and spread my arms out to catch her. I lifted her up and carried her as I waited for the men to catch up to her. I was going to deal with them the only way I knew how. Intimidation. 

"Now Rin, once I tell you to, you have to run back to the hut and no matter what you hear, you must never look back. Okay?" I whispered to her and she nodded. I set her down as my ears flickered to the direction of the sound of heavy footsteps. Rin hid behind me and grabbed onto my kimono as I hid my ears, claws and tails. I needed to first solve this peacefully, they were only humans. "How dare you chase after a poor defenseless girl!" I growled and they stopped right infront of me.

They snickered once they saw me. I could feel their eyes scan my body from head to toe, it made me shiver in disgust. I could feel my claws wanting to shred them to pieces. "Who are you?" I tried to bite back a snarl at the tone of their voices. I didn't understand what was going on with me but I desperately wanted to shred these men to pieces. 

"I am Rin's guardian. How dare you scare her!" I growled and they laughed at me. "You? Hahaha... A wench and an orphan, what a strange combination but I don't care who you are, that kid stole from me and I want it back."

" What could she have possibly stolen from you that could amount to you chasing her with such ferocity and even throw rocks at her. She is just a child!"

" She's a thief! And I demand compensation for all the trouble she has caused me!" he screamed before walking up to me. I shielded Rin from him as my eyes formed into a sharp glare. My instincts were beginning to kick in, I had to protect Rin. "But... I would gladly let her go...that is, if you are willing to pay me back with your body..." he said with a disgusting smirk and lust-filled eyes. I could feel a growl forming within my throat. I could no longer control it. "Rin...now"  I said to her and she nodded her head before running back to the hut. The men behind him moved to chase after her but he stopped them. "Let the brat go, I got something better" he said, smiling triumphantly at me.

"Go back to the village. I want some alone time with this beauty" he said confidently. "But boss..." one of his men tried to object, I could tell he didn't like the idea of his boss having me all to himself. The man glared at him and said "Go or I will kill you!"and his men hesitantly walked away. Now, we were alone.

"Why don't you come here and serve me...send me to heaven~" he cooed and I smirked as I slowly walked closer to him, my ears, tails, and claws slowly popping out one by one. His eyes grew more fearful and he slowly lost his smile as he saw my disguise unravel before him. I could smell his fear at the sight of my true form. "D-demon..." he muttered as he took shaky steps back. I grinned at him, my eyes glowing with an aura unfamiliar to me. "How about I send you to hell instead?" I giggled as I stopped just a foot away from him. He turned his back to run away and screamed for help until his throat was raw but nobody came to help him. We were alone, after all and even if someone did come to help him, they would meet the same fate as him. I will not tolerate anyone who dares to hurt my Rin. I will burn them all to ashes.

My tails moved to strike him. They pierced him in every painful way possible and ripped him apart, burning the remains until there was nothing left but a pouch filled with gold coins and the faint scent of a burning corpse that was quickly fading in the wind.

I giggled as I grabbed the pouch and examined its contents. Looks like Rin and I will be having a feast tonight.