Chapter 13: The Unexpected Visitor

"Asami!" 

I heard a voice and my eyes landed on Kagome. I tried to take in a breath so I could call out to her but something was keeping me from doing so. I clawed at my neck to try and remove it but all I could feel was my own skin. I was beginning to panick as my body slowly began to weaken. It felt like I could faint at any moment. Then, when I felt like giving in, my eyes landed on Sesshomaru. Seeing him fight, it made my heart swell up in a way that I couldn't understand. It was similar to what I felt whenever I am around Rin but at the same time, completely different. It was more intense. 

That alone was enough to give me strength. I fought to retain my conciousness and ignored the pain I felt. This was no time for sitting still. We had to win this battle. I summoned up all of my power and fought as hard as I could, killing any bird demon that stood in my way. I whipped them with my tails, pierced them with my claws and burned them with my fire. I jumped into the air and was about to hit another bird demon when a sudden attack just barely missed me. An outsider had just entered the fight. I landed just near the entrance of the cave where Kagome was. "Someone is here..." I warned her and she nodded her head before nocking an arrow onto her bow. 

This was something I didn't anticipate and whether this outsider is friend or foe, I had to figure out soon, otherwise, it could be the difference between victory or loss. The figure's movements were quick, all I could see was a flash of red, and long silver hair. I analyzed its movements and when I finally had the pattern down, I sent a ball of fire its way to distract it before grabbing it with my tails and binding it with my vines. "Hey! What the hell?!" the stranger said but he strangely resembled Sesshomaru in some way, they smelled a bit similar as well. 

"Who are you?" I asked him while he continued to struggle against the firm grip of my vines. "That's none of your business! Why do you have the scent of Sesshomaru all over you?" he retorted. I fought to contain the blush that was creeping up my cheeks as I sniffed myself, he was right. Mixed in with my usual jasmine and lavender scent was Sesshomaru's scent. "I-I don't see the need for me to answer your question seeing as you refused to answer mine" I replied, trying hard not to stutter but failing miserably. I couldn't understand why I was so flustered.

"Inuyasha?" I heard Kagome say from behind me. I turned to her before dropping him onto the ground right in front of her. "Do you know this half-breed, Kagome?" I asked her and she nodded. "He's my friend and his name is Inuyasha" she answered and I removed the vines that bound him. "What the hell, Kagome! Why are you talking so calmly with one of Sesshomaru's underlings?" he screamed at Kagome. "Uhm...Excuse me but how do you know Sesshomaru?" I asked them both before they started to argue. They both turned to me with a slightly confused gaze before turning their attention back to one another. "If you say she is Sesshomaru's underling then why didn't we see her when we were at your father's grave?" Kagome asked Inuyasha. "Then she must have been hiding or something! There's no mistaking his scent, it's all over her" he said again and I tried to suppress the blush on my cheeks once more. They weren't answering my question.

"Uhm...excuse me...hello?" I said but they were too focused on arguing with one another to hear me. I let out a deep sigh, there was no other way but to wait for them to finish arguing. I crossed my arms over my chest and tapped my foot as I waited for them to finish arguing. "Sit boy!" Kagome screamed and I felt the mini earthquake that was caused by Inuyasha's face hitting the floor. It was an interesting phenomenon but it reminded me of something Lady Kaede had told me. I missed Lady Kaede and I wondered if she was doing okay. She once told me a story about a necklace she called the Necklace of Subjugation. It was supposed to give whoever was chosen ,the power to subdue any demon who wears the necklace, with a single word. This was exactly what was happening to Inuyasha and Kagome.

"Are those...t-the beads of subjugation?" I asked her, there was only one person I knew who had them. "Yeah...how did you know?" she replied. This was it, my chance at finding out if she was okay. "D-do you know a person named Kae-" before I could finish my sentence, I felt something tug at my tails and before I even knew it, I was soaring into the air. "Let me go you stupid bird!" I screamed before it tossed me into the air and caught my whole body in its claws, readjusting its hold on me. I couldn't wiggle out, its grip was too tight. 

"Well this feels familiar..." I mumbled to myself. I suddenly felt the aura of the jewel shards and I let out an even deeper sigh. Great...in the hands of the big boss once again. I clawed at the claws but they wouldn't budge. I was beginning to get frustrated. "Let me go!" I screamed, setting my whole body on fire. The bird squawked and suddenly let me go. 

Maybe...I didn't think this through enough.

I may have gotten away from that bird demon but now I was plummeting to my death. I definitely did not think this through. I tried to think of something but I couldn't fly and my mind was too focused on the fact that I was falling several feet to my death to think of a way to save myself. 

So I did what any sane person would do, I screamed for someone to save me even thought it was against my better judgement. I hated relying on anyone to save me but I couldn't think of anything else. Finally, I just closed my eyes and waited for my body to hit the ground. 

"Sesshomaru..."