V2 Ch4: Talk the Talk, Walk the Walk

Start from the beginning

As for who was there to see me, and what shocked me the most with such a choice of scenery, was The Kindred

As for who was there to see me, and what shocked me the most with such a choice of scenery, was The Kindred. Well, more specifically Lamb. I had no idea where Wolf was.

Have you ever been able to tell how someone is feeling just because of how they stare into space? She may wear a mask, but the scratched wood, dull teal eyes and her posture, slumped back into the couch staring at the sky. The volumes it speaks puts Tolkien to utter shame. And another way it's clear something is wrong...the ever vigilant Lamb of The Kindred....deaths huntress...

She didnt even hear the door.

'I think she needs a drink.'

The nice thing about being inside your own dreamscape is that reality is at your beck and call. To keep quiet, I soundlessly teleported behind the bar. I fished between the bottles till I found a bottle of Captain Morgan. I fished through a small fridge and grabbed a can of coke as well as two drink glasses.

'Ice...an eigth glass of rum...actually, she needs a fourth...and fill with coke...voila, Captain and Coke. And of course one gets a straw...'

With my drinks prepared, I stepped lightly across the grass to stand in front of her. She was slouched back on the end of a deck couch, staring blankly at the stars.

She didnt even notice I was there until I sat myself next to her on the couch. I must have startled her greatly, because the very next millisecond, there was the tip of a light teal arrow just at my neck. I was pretty prepared for this, so I didnt act frightened as I simply looked her in the eyes.

She really must have been out of it, because she was breathing heavily and nearly jumped out of her fur at my arrival. After a moment she seemed to snap out of her defensive state and relaxed as she withdrew the arrow.

Lamb: "Oh, Y/n...I'm sorry...I...didnt notice you enter..."

I held the drink I made out to her, with as casual of a look as I could give her.

Y/n: "If you've never drank before, you wont like it, but just pretend you do for a bit."

She stared at the drink for a moment before she took it. She continued to stare at it almost in thought, while I got started on mine.

'Still not there...but its growing on me a little. If rosebud caught me with this she'd skin me.'

When I looked back at her I nearly spit my drink out at what I saw. I watched as her mask seemed to just...fade off of her face. It's like watching me mess with my clothes using shadows, its tricky to describe.

 It's like watching me mess with my clothes using shadows, its tricky to describe