17

It was later that day in which you tried multiple times to message Saruhiko. He never responded so you waited until your shift was over to head to his apartment to see if he was there. It was late at night when you knocked on his door in hopes he would answer. No response came. You knocked one more time, but you were met with the same result. Feeling a bit concerned, you pulled out the spare key he gave you then unlocked the apartment door. As you walked in, you quickly caught sight of the bright light coming from the top bunk. You squinted in the darkness and noticed it was only Saruhiko in the small apartment. Placing your stuff on the table they had, you made your way to the top bunk. You climbed up the small ladder then waited for a moment once you reached the top.

"Saruhiko?" you called out to him. The said male jumped in surprise which made it clear that he didn't hear you enter. He turned to you and let out a sigh of relief. You giggled then moved to sit next to him.

"Sorry, I didn't hear you." he said then resumed back to what he was doing on the computer. You rested your head on his shoulder and watched as a bunch of large codes and small print of words blazed his screen.

"Yeah, I get that a lot." you replied as a smirk appeared on your face. Saruhiko shook his head as if he was disappointed in your answer. You laughed thinking it was a great joke. For a moment, you continued watching him quickly skim his fingers across the keyboard with great focus.

"....So, I guess you've been busy all day." you said thinking back to how he didn't respond to any of your messages and the meeting with Munakata. He hummed in response.

"I started on this a few hours ago. I have to finish as soon as possible." he answered without wavering from his current task. You made an "ah" sound to signal you heard him, but it didn't ease your thoughts at all. Afraid you were going to bother him, you kept the questions to yourself. A few more moments passed before he suddenly stopped typing.

"It's J.U.N.G.L.E." Saruhiko said. You perked up at the mention of the name of the very secretive Green clan. From what you could recall, the app for JUNGLE had shut down for some time after the mission that first led you to Homra and was inactive since. Saruhiko turned to face you while you waited for him to continue.

"I didn't mean to avoid your messages. I didn't get any. And I found out there was a virus placed in my PDA that was causing.....problems. I'm also sorry I didn't have lunch with you today." he explained with a sad expression while looking down at his hands. You smiled warmly at his words then took his hands in yours and kissed his cheek.

"It's alright I accept your apology. Plus you're too cute to be mad at." you said. His cheeks became dusted to a rosy color as he looked away in embarrassment.

"Shut up, that's not a compliment I expected to hear." Saruhiko replied. You laughed at his reaction then gave him a tight hug and nuzzled into his chest.

"Still cute to me." you answered with a big smile. He scoffed at your behavior, but smiled none the less and returned the hug. For a moment, the two of you stayed that way and you never wanted to let go.

"Alright, I guess I should let you get back to your objective." you said as you released him. You got up to leave, but he reached for your hand and held it to get your attention.

"Stay. Please." Saruhiko said hoping you wouldn't go. You stared at him in surprise then smiled with a nod. He smiled in return then pulled you into his lap. You yelped in surprise by the sudden force just as his arms encased you close to his chest.

"Good because you weren't going to leave anyway." he said as he rested his chin on your shoulder. You giggled as he kissed your cheek then held you tightly.