8

"Okay, Misaki and (y/n), I'll explain it one more time. December 26th, late at night, the mission that was named "surprise party" where a crowd of 3,000 people is flocking to bar Homra. This is J.U.N.G.L.E. making trouble for bar Homra. During that interval, we'll hack J.U.N.G.L.E. Bar Homra is the "Red Monster"'s group's headquarters. While they aim at somebody else's castle, J.U.N.G.L.E. will have their own castle hijacked." Saruhiko explained through your PDA. You and Yata were currently standing on the roof of a building across the street from the said bar. Your sunglasses recorded everything you saw instantly sending the feed to Saruhiko's computer screen.

"They're coming together one after another. The street is brimming with people. That it came like this is kind of a sick scene, rather than amazing. How are things at your side? Saruhiko." Yata responded as he spoke into his watch. You continued to survey the scene as the two spoke.

"Still not moving.........Hm..? Somebody's come out." he said and you noticed people exiting the bar just as the words left his lips. It was kind of hard to see, but it looked like two people.

"The Red Monster?" Yata asked thinking the main guest would react.

"No, seems like subordinates came to check out the situation. Most of their opponents are ordinary people, and furthermore, middle and high school students. They can't just suddenly pick a fight with kids and strike at them.........One minute before midnight." he said and you nodded in agreement. A small countdown went off in your head before the minute was up and the program started. Then you noticed something odd. Everyone started to pull out plain white masks. You pulled on Yata's sleeve, who didn't notice until you pointed it out.

"Saruhiko. Something weird just started to happen? Everybody pulled out the same kind of masks......" he trailed off for the next moment happened suddenly. All the JUNGLE members started to stomp on the ground. They also had their PDA's in their hands.

"What is that.....? Did they all come after practice with everybody?" Yata asked looking just as shocked as you were by the strange actions.

"No...There are instructions on the PDA. I'm hacking into the participants' PDA's so I can see it also." Saruhiko responded and you quietly watched as the stomping continued. Then loud popping noises rang throughout the streets. You looked down to see some of the people started popping streamers towards the bar. The stomping and the popping continued as if they were part of a scary masked parade.

"Ohh.... I wanna try to join them." Yata said although it was mostly to himself.

"Don't be affected by it so quickly. Don't lose focus."

"I - I'm not! Ah - that guy with the kansai dialect came out."

"Number 2 was pulled out, huh. Misaki, (y/n), it's gonna move on my side soon, too. Proceed according to the plan."

"Ro-roger! Leave it to us!" Yata responded and this caused you to smile. You were excited about the events to come. Quickly, you followed Yata down onto the street and into the crowd to continue with the plan. With your PDA, you pulled up a recorded file that Saruhiko had placed in earlier then waited for Yata to act first. He took a quick glance at you then nodded before taking in a deep breath.

"OH NO! THIS IS REAL BAD! THERE'S A CYBER ATTACK ON JUNGLE, IT'S BEING HIJACKED!" he shouted causing you to flinch at how fake this news sounded. You rolled your eyes then started playing the recorded file as you were told. The message sounded like a robot and repeated a statement that JUNGLE was undergoing severe issues. This continued for a few moments with you playing the file and Yata shouting false information. Then something drastic happened. Some of the poppers changed into bottled rockets that went straight through the glass doors of the bar. You felt frozen to the spot as you watched the Homra members yelling at the kid who shot the bottle. Without you realizing, Yata quickly got lost in the crowd just as you regained your senses.