7

It was sometime later that Saruhiko and Yata got a small place together after they decided not to go to high school. The apartment wasn't the best, but it could've been a lot worst. You would visit them often, but you ended up going back home before night came. They offered you a deal to live with them, but you kindly declined knowing it would be too crowded. Currently, you were sitting on the top bunk bed as Saruhiko discussed something odd happening with Jungle. Apparently, a mission was made for specific people to target someone known as "The Red Monster" at a certain bar around the evening of December 26th.

"Amazing! Wow! This is amazing and so cool! It looks like something a sentai member would wear!" Yata shouted as he tried on his brand new watch. The device was similar to a PDA so he could use it as one as well. You, on the other hand, received a pair of sunglasses. Once you wore them, Saruhiko would be able to see what you could see in real-time. He also added a few new features to your PDA so you could contact them much quicker than usual. You placed them on while pressing the button on the side to activate them. Saruhiko's screen lit up as it started playing what you saw.

"Are you a little kid or what," Saruhiko said in response to Yata. The said male looked a bit upset that his close friend wasn't thinking the same thing as him.

"Hey! Sentai members are adults so it's okay, right?!" he argued trying to keep his cool demeanor. You smiled faintly at his childish behavior.

"Misaki and (y/n) are the ones who move around outside, so people who maneuver would be good. And that's why I have this." Saruhiko explained then gestured to an earpiece that worked as a microphone. You stared at him for a moment and thought he looked like a secret agent. Yata was staring too and Saruhiko caught sight of this.

"You just thought it looks like a sentai operator, right?" he said. You blushed and turned your head away. Yata was caught off guard too and started stuttering.

"Ugh - I - I didn't?" he replied hoping it worked. It was silent for a moment before Saruhiko smiled.

"Well, I did. Cool, right?" he said. The two of you were surprised at his words as he only held his smile. Then Yata started to laugh. You only gave a bright smile.

"Feels like a control room, doesn't it. At this point it feels like we're gonna win!" the red-haired male said as he did a little stretch.

"Stupid. It hasn't even started yet."

"Then, did you consider the possibility we'd lose?"

"No way."

"Right."

You stood up then sat next to Saruhiko as he explained what would happen in the next few hours. Yata and you would travel on foot and examine what was happening around the bar. Saruhiko would stay in the apartment and watch from the sunglasses as he tried hacking J.U.N.G.L.E. After the plan was wrapped up, all that was needed to be done was to wait until the time. You leaned over the top bunk railing to see that Yata was fast asleep and smiled before going to sit next to Saruhiko. He was currently messing with a few things on his computer. You watched for a moment before rubbing one of your eyes.

"Get some rest. No need to stay up with me." Saruhiko said as he pressed a few buttons. You shook your head in response.

"I'd rather stay up if you're going to," you said even as you felt drowsy. It wasn't long until you ended up resting your head on his shoulder. He tensed up for a moment then looked to see you were fast asleep. Slightly rolling his eyes, Saruhiko turned off his computer then laid you down on one of his pillows and blankets. For a moment, he stared at your relaxed face, and then the fall and rise of your chest. A small smile came to his lips as he slipped a piece of your hair behind your ear. Then he realized what he was doing and retracted his hand with a blush.

"What the hell am I doing," Saruhiko mumbled to himself as he laid down with his back to you. He tried his best to calm down, but it was hard knowing you were only inches away. Then, he felt a small nudge against his back. He looked over his shoulder to see your forehead was rested against the center of his back. Gulping hard, Saruhiko turned to face you while trying not to wake you. For a moment, nothing happened until you slowly nuzzled into his chest. He felt frozen on the spot from the lack of space between the two of you and it was as if all the air in his lungs left.

"Dammit, (y/n)..... Why do you make me feel this way?" he whispered knowing his words would reach deaf ears. After finding some courage, Saruhiko wrapped an arm around you and brought you closer then rested his chin on top of your head taking in the sweet scent of your shampoo. He took off his glasses and placed them in a safe spot then waited for sleep to overtake him.