12

Cold was the only feeling that Saruhiko felt when he woke up the next morning. As his vision clarified, he took notice that you weren't sleeping next to him anymore. He slowly sat up on his elbows thinking you woke up early and went to the bathroom or into the kitchen. A yawn left his throat as he stretched his arms out then fixed his glasses. He looked around the apartment and didn't see you at all, but something caught his eye. There was something taped to the door. Slowly, he climbed down the ladder and almost slipped on the last few steps. He reached the door with loud steps while scratching his head. Blinking his eyes a few times, he figured out a piece of paper was taped to the door. Confusion lit his face as he pulled the paper off then flipped it over. His confusion switched into shock as he read the sentence over and over again before dropping it on the floor.

"Misaki! MISAKI! WAKE UP!" Saruhiko shouted as he shook his friend roughly in order to get him up. The boy slowly opened his eyes then sat up in annoyance.

"What, what? Man, what time is it?" Yata asked hating the idea if he was woken up sooner than he usually was.

"Forget about the time dammit!! (Y/N)'S GONE!! HE TOOK HER!!" Saruhiko shouted that it jolted the smaller male right awake. His eyes opened wide as if he wasn't sure if he heard him right. The two boys quickly searched around the apartment while shouting your name before rushing to the bar. Saruhiko thought to what the note said as he sped down the busy sidewalks.

Thanks for looking after my dear (y/n) while I was gone.

~Timeskip~

"Oh, this is bad." Tatara Totsuka said while sitting on one of the barstools by the counter and faced Kusanagi who also looked concerned. The two younger boys stood in front of them with the hope that they could figure out a plan.

"How long has she been gone?" Kusanagi asked trying to get the full details.

"I don't know. It's been roughly eight or so hours since I've last seen her." Saruhiko answered thinking about when would have been the most logical time you left. Kusanagi placed a hand on his chin in thought as Totsuka looked down at his feet with worry at what would become of you.

"What should we do?" Yata asked with deep concern laced in his voice. Silence was his only answer before Kusanagi sighed then lowered his hand to his side.

"I don't know. There's not that much we can do...." he replied. His words rung the brutal truth. They had no idea who they were up against or their intentions, they had no clue as to where your current location could be, and they had no idea where to start. It was a hopeless case that would be nearly impossible to figure out. Saruhiko felt his eyes widen at the realization that they could only give up.

"....You can't be serious.." he said under his breath then stomped to the door.

"Saruhiko, wai - !" Yata had started but was cut off as Saruhiko slammed the door shut behind him leaving an aching silence. Saruhiko had no idea where he was going, but he went down the sidewalk trying to think of something. Any small detail he had overlooked that he could use. After a few moments, nothing came to mind mostly because his thoughts had started to wander. He wanted to know if you were ok, if you were still in one piece, if that wretched man -

"Saruhiko Fushimi, was it? At least that's what she calls you." a voice said causing him to stop in his tracks. His throat felt suddenly dry as he looked over his shoulder to see the man that had attacked you at the Homra bar. The man sat on a sidewalk bench casually as if he wasn't some wanted criminal.

"Who the hell are you?" Saruhiko asked with venom noticeable in his voice. The man stared at him for a moment then started to chuckle.

"I'm pretty sure you were warned about me. But, if you must, you may call me Quillon," he said then stood up while dusting off his pants.