1

You sat quietly in a tree with your legs swinging back and forth. The breeze softly ran through your hair as you only stared out into the distance. Being an orphan with a guardian who was hardly ever home had its benefits since no one was there to tie you down. Which caused you to sit in this tree once in a while just to enjoy the view. A sigh escaped your lips as you jumped down to solid earth then walked along the path.

It was a quiet day and not many people took this path home so you had it to yourself. You mentally sang a song while drumming your hand against your hip to the beat with each step. That's when you heard a strange ruckus. You continued walking until you noticed a group of boys on the path. Two looked to be smaller than the other three.

'Maybe I can walk past them', you thought as they came closer and closer. Your steps became quieter with each movement as you overheard the conversation.

"Give him back his wallet!"

"Well, if it's the wallet then returning it is ok."

"That's not it! Give him back his money!"

You stopped walking after hearing that. 'So they're getting robbed...?' This was your only thought of the situation. You stood afar and watched from the distance. The boy with glasses and black hair seemed to have said something but it was too quiet for you to hear.

Then you saw him head bump one of the three taller guys. And then the short red-haired boy jumped on top of a guy. Your eyes widened in surprise at how fast the situation escalated.

'I should give them a hand...' you thought. You rushed over just as punches started to get thrown. Without a second thought, you picked up speed and kicked one of the three to the ground like in those action mangas. A surprised yelp left his mouth as he fell hard to the floor. The other two turned around and saw you.

"Stupid girl! Stay out of this!" the boy on the ground shouted. You didn't bother with him and instead threw a punch into the other's stomach. He groaned then fell to his knees in pain. The last boy tried to grab you, but you took his arm and slammed him into the earth.

"This girl's crazy! Let's go, we already got the money!" One shouted then all three ran away with their tails between their legs. 'Bunch of cowards' you thought. You turned around to find the red-haired boy and the glasses boy sitting on the ground both looking a bit surprised.

"Whoa....." the red-haired boy said in astonishment. You faintly smiled then offered him a hand up. He blinked a few times then said, "Oh, thanks." With one pull, you helped him to his feet. You looked to see the black-haired boy putting on his glasses then standing up.

"You ok, Fushimi?" the shorter one asked. No response.

"Hm? Fushimi, Saruhiko right? Or did I get the reading wrong?" he continued. The black-haired boy remained quiet before saying, ".....Why the hell do you know that." The redhead looked confused.

"Why you ask, aren't we in the same class? I'm Yata. I sit in the same row as you." he answered.

'So Fushimi and Yata' you thought.

"Oh! Right, thank you so much for earlier...um..." the red-haired boy started but froze up once he met your eyes. You blinked at him then showed him the face of your palm that read '(y/n) (y/l/n)' in the middle.

"O- oh. Thanks (y- y/n) for the h-help...." he stuttered. You nodded and gave a thumbs up. Yata gave a confused look.

"How come you don't speak?" he asked. You froze for a moment then pulled a piece of paper out of your back pocket and a pen then wrote a message. 'I'm mute' it read. His eyes slightly widened in shock.

"A mute huh?" said Fushimi who was mostly quiet.

"H- hey! She helped you out, ya know!" Yata yelled at him for his harsh words.

"Ha. If you want gratitude then ask somebody else," he replied. You quickly wrote a note reading 'I never wanted any'. Fushimi slightly scoffed then started walking away.

"Wa - wait for a second! Come on (y/n)." Yata said while grabbing a bike you didn't notice before. You followed after them although you weren't sure as to why.

"Hey, it'd be stupid to cry yourself to sleep right? Should we retort? Because I'll call my friends then." Yata said while riding alongside you and Fushimi. The latter pulled out a PDA and opened an app called Jungle then said, "Who is gonna cry himself to sleep. We'll get back at them. Crush them more than they did." You perked up at his words then placed your hands in your pockets while listening to their conversation.

"What, you have that app too, Fushimi! I also just joined in." Yata said while pulling out his PDA. Then he looked at the screen and froze. You couldn't really see, but it looked like speech bubbles filled his screen.

"What.. the hell is....this..." he said to himself just before crashing into the sidewalk. He hit the ground hard with an "Ouch!" as his PDA flew out of his hand and landed at Fushimi's feet.

He picked up the device and started reading the texts. Yata quickly got up and snatched his phone back then only stared at him.

"S - Sorry, sorry, I tripped! Ahaha, I'm lame aren't I?" he said, but you weren't sure who it was meant for.

"Ah. They are bad-mouthing you, huh." Fushimi said. Yata gripped his phone tightly. 'So that's how it is' you thought. You felt kind of sorry for him.

Fushimi on the other hand just turned away and yawned. You and Yata blinked at him.

"I - Is that all?! Don't you have something else, more to say?!" Yata slightly shouted.

"Something else? Should I mock you? Or is it pity you want? However, I am absolutely not interested in you." Fushimi replied. With that, the shorter boy just looked down at his feet.

"...Boring. It'd be good if tomorrow a meteorite would fall down and destroy the world." he said then walked away. Your eyes widened in shock from his words and you watched as he left. You then turned to Yata and pointed at his PDA then threw a few punches hoping he would understand.

".....Wha...Oh! No, no, you don't have to do that. Thanks anyway." Yata replied to your little example. You nodded then pulled out the piece of paper and pen. 'Let me know if you need anything then. See ya' it read. You gave a small wave then started walking down the path.

"See ya, (y/n)! And the name's Yata!" he yelled. You gave him a thumbs up then sped down the path.

The more you ran, the closer a figure became. You instantly recognized who it was then stopped in front of him.

"Ah. It's the mute girl." Fushimi said as you blocked his path. You frowned and gave him a glare then showed him the palm of your hand which had your name. He glanced at it then said, "What do you want, (y/n)?" With quick actions, you pulled out your wallet then took some cash out and extended it out to him.

He gave a confused look as you held the money out to him.

"What? I don't want your money," he said then walked around you. You frowned then placed the money back in your pocket. Then you spotted a soda machine nearby. You ran up to him and tugged on his sleeve.

"What?" he whined then noticed you pointing at the machine then at yourself. He gave a confused look before clicking the pieces together. Fushimi sighed then said, "Fine, but better be carbonic acid drink." You smiled then rushed over to the machine and bought two drinks. You handed him one and drank the other.

"Thanks, I guess...." he said quietly. You nodded then took a sip. You then walked away with a small wave as he only watched. 'Today was a weird day....' you thought then headed home.