31. NO LIVING IN LIFE

ACT FIVE SCENE FIVENO LIVING IN LIFE

ACT FIVE SCENE FIVE
NO LIVING IN LIFE

ACT FIVE SCENE FIVENO LIVING IN LIFE

third person
perspective

ASHER rushes towards the bathroom, immediately throwing up. He felt tears brimming in his eyes, disgusting, he felt like a villain but why? He was attempting to be a hero. His mission was to make Luca happy, a mission to end Luca's reign of loneliness and misery. But why is Asher feeling the weight of loneliness? Why is he in misery?

"So you did it." the sound of Jumin's voice snaps Asher out of his thoughts. Jumin saw everything unfold, it was frightening, the way a human being could throw the word hate around like it meant nothing. "Did you feel... happy?" his words cause Asher to frown deeply. He didn't feel happy, he felt —

Stupid.

The word rings in his head, causing him to pull on his hair. He didn't want to accept it, he didn't want to believe that what he did was stupid, he didn't want to admit that how he treated Sahar was stupid and irresponsible and disgusting.

"Get out." Jumin says, he was right next to the door. Asher glances at his reflection, he felt disgusting, he felt stupid, he didn't mean to hurt her this bad.

"Asher, get out of the bathroom." Jumin exclaims.

"No." Asher whispers. "I've done enough, could you leave me alone for a while?" his words cause Jumin to sigh. He didn't want Asher to blame himself, he wanted Asher to understand that not everything is his fault and that fault can be found in everyone. He shouldn't be focused on thinking everything that goes wrong is because of him. Asher is too internal, he needs to understand that there are other factors in the world, he needs to realise that not every problem in his life is because of what he did.

"Don't blame yourself, don't force yourself to think that you're a horrible person." Jumin says, he's too familiar with the idea of self hatred. "You did this for Luca, why are you feeling so upset? You should be happy, now Luca can be happy, isn't that what you wanted?" Jumin questions, his intentions were to make Asher confess.