Chapter 10~ Speaking The Truth

"When I was 8 my father he used to go to the bar every night and get wasted and come home only to drink some more , at the start  was just getting drunk and that was it but one day when he came home to find that all the drink was gone he lost it . He ....he started to throw things around the house , at first it was a glass or two then as he got more angry he turned to chairs .

Like I said that was just the start.Not long after he started throwing things he decided it would be good to get drunk during the day while shouting and screaming at me and my mother , I was always at home because my mother never wanted to be alone with that heartless bastard . As the weeks went on he grew more aggressive and violent , he used to smack my mother around the house for the slightest of issues (if his drink was empty , if he wanted food etc) bruises slowly took over her body from the hitting that I had seen but my mother used to scream in the middle of the night in pure agony and terror , what was he doing to her ?.One day she packed up and left for about month and the month in which she left turned into a month of living hell for me. The day she left my father was so infuriated he back handed me ,when I fell to the floor he would kick my ribs or any open part of my body at the time I cried in agony . The more I cried and showed emotions he would be more forceful with his abuse" I chocked on the last sentence . Beth looked at me with teary eyes and held my cheek in her soft hands .

After finding my train of thought I continued explaining

"Slowly my body accumulated numerous bruises and also scars . The bruises from the punching and the scars from where he used to cut me. At night he would pin me down in the bath or on the floor , he would grab my arm and begin to make multiple cuts along my arms. Never too deep but always many so I would feel it burn if he felt like this was not enough he would grab a lighter and burn the cuts that he had soaked in alcohol. I always screamed eventually I would pass out from the pain but when I woke I was always in my room with more cuts and burns than I had earlier,this was the second worse thing he had done to me. The worst thing he done to me happened when my mother came home.

When she came home from he 'break' there was no point in living anymore, every minuet of the day it was constant abuse . slaps,kicks,punches,branding,cutting even near drowning . I was being tortured by the man who helped in my creation . The night I never forget is the night he beat my mother unconscious and then branded my with a fire poker , that was not the worst .The worst was the rape that followed, I do not remember it as he knocked me out , but I knew what had happened because when I woke I was lying naked on the floor in his study as he sat in his chair feeling high and mighty".

Beth is crying in my arms as I finish explaining how my life was before he 'sadly' passed away from a heart attack my mother was swallowed by a world of depression and left when I was 15 . I shed a tear with Beth as the emotions that I felt when all this happened slowly flooded my body . I wipe her eys and then my own .

"I do not want my baby to be crying , I'm to make you happy not feel sad like this" I say with a calm voice . looking up at me she just simply smiles and kisses me softly.

"I love you John Adams and don't you ever forget it . You hear me babe? I love you " she says in loving tone .

"okay so , let me take my two baby's home and comfort them for as long as they need , how does that sound ? " I ask as I lift my t-shirt over my head .

"it sounds perfect" she states as she wiggles back into her jeans