12. Rid me of the purity

Start from the beginning

Oh how etheral he looked. Almost celestial, like an other-worldly... angel?

What did you do to deserve the fangs of a devil?

"Why must you apologize? Hey.. Talk to me." taehyung declared cupping the older's cheeks, sliding the hand under the scarf to place it on his scar. A symbol of acceptance and appreciation that jungkook wasn't unaware of. He just had to make a bitter choice.

It's now or never.

"Will you grant me a wish, your highness?"

"Anything. You name it, love." Taehyung smiled gently, looking as beautiful as ever.

"I want to spend the night with you. Will you allow me to?" Taehyung sucked in a sharp breath, surprised. His cheeks feathered a beautiful rosy pink as his eyes lowered themselves in shyness.

"Don't get me wrong, I just want to lay with you, watch you sleep. I will be out before the break of dawn. Before you even wake up, I will be gone"

-Out of your life. Betraying you. To leave you hating me for the rest of your existence.

"I'm aware I'm asking for too much but let me-"

"Yes." a timbre of finality in Taehyung's voice like never before.

"Yes?"

"Yes, you will spend the night with me. Ah! Why was I not the one to propose that first!" Taehyung pouted with arms crossed over his chest but smiled again nonetheless.

This was... too easy.

"Now-now, you scram away and do guard duties. I have stuff to concoct about."

"Stuff?"

"If you think I'm going to disclose my plans of an evening with my Romeo to a mere guard like you, I'm sorry you are heavily delusional. Shoo!" he pushed jungkook's back to reach the door. "Next time you are found in my room, must be from the window. Till then, sayonara."

******

It had been a good fifteen minutes of standing beneath the window of the cornered chamber. Goggling the window pane inebriated on a load of wines and creeps of flowers with dull colors, only then he observed how this was the only chamber with no balcony.

It was like they wished to starve the innocent boy's lungs off of air. But who was jungkook to judge when he will be the one to choke him breathless completely?

Why was it not that excuse of a princess in his place. Why was this baby born with a catastrophic fate?

He knocked twice on the curtained window which was odd because Taehyung never drew the curtains when he is awake.
Scurrying him out of his train of thoughts, the curtains were pulled apart revealing an elated, almost overjoyed royal with blushing cheeks and a wide welcoming smile.

Seeing an excited Taehyung only served as a elevation to Jungkook's trepidations as there was a feeling of drop in his stomach.
He felt pain. Real physical pain from a sensation of his ribcage closing up on his lungs resulting cessation of his breathing. He felt acerbity in his mouth from the possibility of rising bile. His perspiration also increased tenfolds.

It was like every single organ of his yelled at him to stop this lunacy and spare this boy's heart. Except for the brain that insisted on climaxing this plan. Except for the heart that now felt numb.

"Hi." taehyung whispered wrapping his arms around the guard's neck beaming with red cheeks.

"H-hi." he stuttered back and mentally cursed his nerves. He gave himself a pep talk on how his plan only begins after taehyung falls asleep. Maybe he could genuinely hold the boy until then.