THE JOURNEY BEGINS

KARV

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She was restless, scared, and jittery when I saw her from the glass door. She didn't look at peace at all. It was as if something was disturbing her—something was eating her up. She started packing her things, and it was then that I messaged her that my trip would extend to another twenty days. She was disappointed, but that wasn't the only expression that came out on her face. A stream of tears fell through her eyes, and soon I saw her sobbing.

She was not 'disappointed' but doleful instead. I had never seen her like that before, and I was right that she felt the same way I did for her. By now, I knew that she too loved me, and it is never a good idea to trouble your beloved.

I took my steps towards her; she heard them, and she ran into my arms as soon as she saw me.

"Why did you lie to me? You don't even have any idea, how much I missed you" she said sobbing in my arms.

I kissed her forehead and whispered in her ears " I am sorry, My love."

She looked up at me, astonished by my words; she hadn't expected me to say that to her. I gently caressed her head while nodding to her. Once again I took her in my embrace, and she relaxed in my arms drowning all her fears, anxiety, and restlessness in me.

"I know how much you missed me and I promise, I won't ever leave you again like this. I know how much you struggled to live without my presence and I promise I won't let you do that again. I have felt your restlessness, your anxiety, and your fears and I know was the reason, I promise I would never let that happen ever again, trust me" I said looking into her eyes.

She nodded, she was grinning ear to ear. She came out of my embrace and took her purse and came up to me.

"Where are we heading to?"

"To my home," she said

"Don't you think you are going too fast?" I asked playfully.

"Shut up Karv! You are going to drop me today" she nudged and replied.

"Just today?" I asked a bit disappointed.

"Okay then, every day from today onwards" she responded.

I jumped merrily like a child, she looked at me in surprise and laughed. I took her hand in mine and we walked towards the lift. We reached downstairs and in a while, I returned with my car. I opened the front door and she got inside. I settled in the driver seat and started to drive. She switched on the audio player, the song that tuned was again perfect for the situation. Mishika blushed when it played and she looked at me.

Kaise Mujhe Tum Mil Gayi
Kismat Pe Aaye Na Yaqin
Utar Aayi Jheel Mein
Jaise Chaand Utarta Hai Kabhi
Haule Haule Dheere Se

"Stay"

"I will have to go Karv," she said with a smile.

"Then let me accompany you upstairs," I said and joined to her way to her apartment.

"Karv, it's already 2 am and..." she tried saying but I hushed her silent.

We walked up to her flat, she kept the door open for me but I didn't step inside.

"Coffee?" she asked

"Mishika, be ready for our first date tomorrow," I said

"The first date?" she queried.