FLYING HIGH

A/N: Three stories, One family.

Book One Of 'The Chase Series' I hope you like reading it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MISHIKA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JUNE 15, 2013

Vardhan Group of Industries, Mumbai

"What do you think Mishika?" Aarush brought my attention back to the boardroom when I was playing a video game on my mobile phone.

Jatin had just finished the last slide of his boring presentation, which I was briefed several times earlier and not only that, but I was well aware of each and every bit of the presentation. So I didn't have to grave my head into it.

"Huh?" I asked instantly looking up at him.

"We want your comments Mishika," Tanisha explained. When I noticed her expressions of disbelief I decided I'd better speak something sensible.

"I-I agree with you Aarush" I hesitate, failing all my attempts to sound sensible.

"Alright then, we shall pass this proposal to the ARC group. Naina, make sure that you fix the meeting with them this Friday. Mishika and I will be leading the team"

"Wh-What?" I jumped in my chair at those unexpectant words of Aarush.

"What's the need for being so jumpy? I didn't say anything that you weren't expecting?"

"But Aarush, Wh-Why Me?" I stutter nervously, I had never expected this.

It was not that I was naive and didn't have the ability to lead or represent our company. I was completely eligible and experienced but still, I was still naive in my new workplace. I had joined it only a few months back after leaving another one or maybe 'a familiar one'. I hadn't expected someone giving me this opportunity at my new office so early.

"What's wrong, Mishika? You are one of the executive directors of the group. Why are you acting as if you are an inexperienced intern?" he asked squinting at me.

"It's not like that Aarush bu-"

"If she's not ready Aarush, I'll be fine joining you," said Nikita cutting me off. Nikita always envied me, she would never leave a chance to grab any opportunity thrown at me.

"No that's fine Nikita, I can handle it all by myself. Aarush trusts me and I don't want to let him down. I'm sorry Aarush I was just Ah..."

"No, it's perfectly fine." he smiled " So guys I think that's decided I and Mishika will be flying to Bangkok this Friday. Anything else ?" he said looking around.

When no one in the room said anything, he got up from his chair indicating me to come to his cabin. I nodded him back with a gentle smile.

Aarush was the COO of the group. Technically my boss, but in person, we were best of friends and he was the sweetest person I ever met in this group.

I knocked on the door of his office. "Get in Mish," he said without looking up at me. I stepped inside and before I could do anything " Now stop me that 'Oh-so-formal' attitude Mish, please don't ask for having a seat" he said.

I chuckled and sat on the chair in front of him, comforting myself. Aarush finished his file work and finally looked at me. He asked his secretary to leave and sat by my side.