SWEET

MISHIKA
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"No not 2 cups dear only one and a half " I hear my mother saying on the phone, she had sent the recipe to me but I was still confused, after all, it was my mother's specialty 'Dal Dhokli'. I had learned cooking it several times but I keep forgetting one or two ingredients or miss a method in between.

"Ok Maa, now I'll be fine, I'll do the rest on my own," I say, putting down the pitcher of water.

"How many times have I told you Dikra, why do you have to live over there in that unknown city? When you have a complete family over here, we too have a family business, you too can join your dad and your brother, have we ever stopped you from that? But No! Why would you listen to us" she complained over the video call.

"It's ok Maa, I'm completely fine over here and it's been a long since I've been here in Mumbai so it's absolutely not a problem "

"What is fine in it? You don't even eat properly Mishi and see how much weight have you lost from the past month" She asks looking into the phone.

"Maa, I'm all good, hu bahu bain che " I assure her in Gujarati.

" Like father like daughter, always stubborn" she complained again, her forehead stretched.

" Ok Maa I'm disconnecting the call, have got a lot of work to do besides finishing this recipe, give my regards to Baa and tell Daddy and Bhaila that I love them, Ok Maa, love you," I say and wave to her, she also smiled in return.

I knew she wasn't happy with me being here, she always kept complaining about me staying away and far away from the family. Even I didn't like being away from such a sweet and supportive family, but it was my decision and I had to stick to it. My father and my brother had been very positive when I decided that I would leave my family business and join another company. It wasn't to prove anything to anyone else, it was just for me to improve and grow all by myself without anyone else's support. My mother had denied this decision of mine when she learned that I had to stay away from the family to follow it and that I'd be staying all alone in Mumbai. She wasn't happy at all but my brother was successful at convincing her.

And that's why I love my brother. He is super cute and the best brother I could ever have. I really love him a lot and he loves me more. Much more than anyone else. The way he understands me, nobody else does, not even Divz. My mother says that he is the one who has spoilt me so much by granting all my fairy wishes. If I am Cinderella he is my fairy godmother. If needed he would fight the entire world and get me what I want.

I remember when I was in the seventh standard my P.T teacher had punished me just because I couldn't perform the physical exercise well, he actually pushed the teacher and complained to the principal. However, poor Vivek was himself punished and suspended for an entire week after that. That day I felt so bad for him and I brought all his notes home copying it for him. He is just three years older to me but cares for me as if he is a decade older and another father to me. I so love being pampered by him.

But I don't know what happened a few years ago, now that I don't find the same person in him. I was away from my family in the USA completing my MBA and he was here back in Mumbai. Everything was fine, he said that he was working on a project and he failed in it and that changed everything. He is a changed person, he talks less, he doesn't snicker anymore and he has been taking a lot of work in his hand since then, also he has become much more patient. The only thing that remains unchanged is his attitude and care towards me.