Under the Lamp 19

Začať od začiatku

Donny's office has a wide window enough to watch the scenery of the very attractive landscape of the Law Firm. It's good for him because he needs green surroundings to see if he wanted to at least relax his eyes.

Thinking how is the process, the glass window caught my attention.

Just after a few minutes, drop of rain suddenly decorated the glass window. Then the rain came. It is not an ordinary rain but it is heavy rain.  There's even lightning and thunder. I am really afraid of lightning so I used to cover up my eyes. But I am not contented with it. I tried to look for a place where I could not see it.

As I am hiding, I didn't notice Donny in front of me.

"Shar."

The lightning continues and still I can't see him.

Then Donny knew why I am there.

Then suddenly, I could no longer see the lightning fading in and out.

"Are you afraid of lightning?"

Then I thought of So Hyun. So Hyun and I were afraid of it.

I thought of searching on the internet. I hurriedly went to his table and use his laptop.

I knew flights were cancelled due to typhoon Gracia.

"Donny, So Hyun is at the airport tonight. I have to go to her." I told him with a little panic.

"But, it's dangerous, we are advised not to go out," Donny explained.

"No, she must be very afraid now. I must see her."

"Why not call her," Donny suggested.

I tried to call her many times but her phone is unattended.

The more that I got worried.

"Donny please, help her," I pleaded.

"Will that make you feel better?" he asked me.

"Yes! Please help her, make sure that she's okay," I told him.

After listening to me, Donny went out. But he then return.

"Wait for me here," Donny said and get his jacket.

Then he proceeded. I continue to call So  Hyun on the phone hut still she's unattended.

While marching like a soldier because of my nervousness ti what might happen to So Hyun, the door suddenly opened.

It's Donny. He returned just a few minutes later.

He came near me and grab my right hand.

"Let's go together," he told me looking into my eyes.

I admit I was too scared of the lightning but looking at Donny's eyes made me feel secured. I agreed to go with him. Donny put his jacket on me.

"Don't let go of my hand," he told me.

The airport has a lot of stranded passengers so it is vey hard for us to see So Hyun. But we are determined. We have to find for her.

We spent 2 and a half hours to look for So Hyun then finally we found her.

So Hyun is too lonely. She's afraid and vey disappointed that she cannot see her dad yet.

I hugged her. I felt tears drop on my back. I too cannot hold back my tears. They kept falling and falling.

"Mom just called a while back before my battery drained, she said they will cremate Dad early tomorrow. I was not able to tell her to wait for me, I want to see dad for the last time, but how can I?"

"So Hyun ah," I uttered then tried to get my cell phone but I found out I left at the office, "let's try to call your mom again.

"I can't memorize her number. She just changed it lately."

"Then let's charge your phone," I suggested.

But the line in charging is too long. We can't charge right away.

We have to patiently wait. But the storm is getting angrier as it smashes the trees nearby.

We got scared and we are losing our patience. But Donny is relaxed. He said we only have to wait. Just a little more time and it's our turn.

POV So Hyun

I admit I felt hurt because I saw Donny and Shar holding hands together. It is like feeling more pain than being left by the airplane.

As time goes by, Donny is getting more showy about his feelings.

"Shar, it's already my turn, please go home, thank you for coming, please call me when you arrived."

"But, how can you be here alone?"

"My nanny will come later I'll call her. You have to go home now."

I have to send them home because I know they have to rest as well.

POV Sharlene

We went back to the office. I have to get my bag and my cell phone.

As I got my cell phone, I saw 3 miss calls from nanay. I called back immediately.

"Nanay!"

"Shar, o, what took you so long to receive my calls? Are you okay? Where are you?"

"Nanay, I'm okay. I'm going home. Wait for me there."

"No, I am already there. See me downstairs."

I told Donny that Nanay is downstairs so I have to leave.

POV Donny

The more that I am with Shar, the more that I get to know about her. I switched off all the lights in my office and decided to use my lamp.

I brought out Shar's picture in my drawer and put it under the lamp. I want to see her before I'll fall sleep.