I Don't Bite

It was Monday, June 15. After finishing school,Hiro was headed towards the local public library. "Why do we even have homework nowadays" He grumbled to himself,"Who even cares". He looked around the library,which was unusually crowded. Looking for a seat, an attractive female caught his eye and beside her was an empty seat.

He started moving towards her and couldn't help but notice her hair, pink as blossoming Azalea, her not too short,nor too long height, her curves, perfect at every angle and in the right places. Before this, he didn't even realize the importance of curves. But looking at her made him feel different. It was as if a new door had opened towards a new and completely different world altogether.

Approaching her, he asked if the seat beside her was vacant. She suddenly looked up and involuntarily stared in fear at Hiro. Hiro on the other hand, as absorbed he was in her, noticed her sudden reaction immediately and started to walk away. Behind his cool exterior though, he was embarrassed. Hurt as he was, he was used to this at his previous school. Due to his enormous and bulky size, people often mistook him to be bad. He wasn't given chances and had just moved to a new part in the country. Still it didn't look like anything had changed.

He walked over to the cafe for a cup of tea and maybe a snack. His mouth watered over the smell of crossiants and and the sweet smell of chocolate.

After he was done, he walked out of the cafe to find a couple of empty tables and sat down in one of them. Soon he was absorbed in his homework and didn't realize that time had passed so quickly. He quickly started packing his bags. Although he grumbled about homework, he was still pretty smart.

He started standing up but was interrupted by a pull on his leg.

"Yes,how can i help you" he said before looking down to see a child so small she reached around his knees.

Hiro kneeled down and gave a smile before asking "What's wrong, little girl"

"I...i'm lost. C..can you help m..me"

"Sure, do you remember your house phone number"

"Ye..yes"

"Well here" Hiro said,taking out his phone "call your house"

"Thank y..you, sir" the child said

"No problem. Do you want me to stay here until someone comes to pick you up?"

"Y..yes please" the girl said trembling in fear and awe of this giant man
She called her house to tell them she was in the library with a "giant".Hiro giggled to himself hearing that

Soon after a car arrived and out of it came girl with a mixture of blue and pink hair. She too was surprised at Hiro but thanked him politely for informing them about their daughters.

"Daughters?,I am sorry ma'am but she was alone when she called me"

The mother asked her daughter where her sister was and the child replied "Sister went to the bathroom and then she didn't come out"

The mother's face instantly clouded over with worry and she ran towards the female bathroom and checking each and every stall. She was at the last stall when she smelled a faint smell of.....Blood. She instantly called for Hiro who,without hesitation, knocked down the door with a couple of kicks

Noticing the body on the floor and the sight of metallic crimson blood almost fainted Hiro. He was strong physically but his heart was a nightmare. Yet he stood on the see who the blood belonged to. Seeing the girl he suddenly felt anger in his heart. The mother yelled out "No no no not again" she panicked. The pink haired girl lay fainted on the floor of the bathroom stall with cuts all over her forearm and a blade in her right hand.

Hiro suddenly realized that he needed to take action. He suddenly swung her lifeless body over her shoulder and asked for a lift in the mother's car.

Over at the hospital, the mother, now namely Anne, thanked Hiro with tears in her eyes, and the child,Kokoro,hugged my leg and even though i knew this was no time to laugh,a smile escaped my lips but i was still concerned.

"Well now that you are all safe,i think I'll be heading out. It was a pleasure meeting you even though the circumstances weren't too preferable to do so. In any case, i will be leaving now" i said, smiling,or rather smirking in my case since i don't usually smile. Though Anne didn't seem to mind or notice either. But as soon as i got to the gates i realized that my cellphone had been accidentally been left with the little girl,Kokoro.

I went in the in to the hospital slowly and started looking for the family. As soon as i was about to turn the last corner, i saw a man standing in front of a little girl. I was about to call out when i saw that the man slapped her hard across the cheek. I was struck with shock and saw a bystander call the police. There was quite a crowd around the scene in question. But it hurt my soul that no one stepped forward to help the girl. I saw red, and i headed towards the man and lifted him of his feet. I didn't even notice that the girl who was slapped was Kokoro. She ran over to me and hugged my legs again.

The man in my hands was screaming bloody murder and was thrashing around wildly. But my bulky body kept him above the ground. I told Kokoro to head over to her mom while the security arrives. She looks at me and says "come with u..us"

The security arrived on cue and i handed over the man who was now clearly drunk. In the middle of handing him over i karate chopped him and he stopped dead in his tracks. I lifted Kokoro over my shoulder and headed over to the directions she told me to go towards.

I lightly knocked on the door and the muffled voice of a woman was heard. I knocked again, this time the reply was more clear.

"YOU MONSTER!!!I WON'T LET YOU IN. OUR..NO, MY DAUGHTER HARMED HERSELF BECAUSE OF YOU!!"

I called out in a soft voice "Miss Anne, this is Hiro. The man,i assume you were talking to has been handed over the police"
And Kokoro says loud enough to be heard on the other side,"Mom,dad was taken away by the police man"

I heard a muffled thud and pushed open the door by reflex. The mother was on the floor,sobbing and repeating over and over again "Thank you,thank you so much".

I put Kokoro back on the ground and she ran over to her mum and give her a hug

"I know this is a bit sudden,but would you like to come over to my apartment. Judging by the current situation, i don't think it would be safe to go to your home tonight"

She looked at me in suspicion and replied "No. We appreciate everything you have done for us and i can't be thankful enough of you. But unfortunately, we don't even know each other that well"

"I am totally comfortable knowing that and of course it's your wish if you want to come or not" i said,waving goodbye.

I suddenly realized the actual reason i came back to the hospital and asked for my cell phone. I got it back and ordered a taxi back to my apartment.

But even as i left, the only thought that crossed my mind was "I'll get you back"