CHAPTER12

UNEDITED/NOT PROOF READ

Goodmorning, you're watching the 12 O'clock news and we have many new updates on the extraterrestrial invasion that took place in Seoul last month.

Repairs and damages are coming along well with the generous help of philanthropists and reclaimed hero Iron Man, Park Jinyoung. The 24 year old technological and weaponry billionaire has since put out a statement that he will be financing all repairs in Seoul until the beginning of 2023.

Schools across the country have been given the clear to start reopening if not much damage had been done to the buildings and surrounding environment, urging many schools to begin opening. However other public places have started to open more quickly and people are slowly beginning to travel outside their houses again.

The Seoul-based superhero Spiderman is still missing, and has not made any appearances in the city since the invasion.

Authorities say they have no contact with the private hero and no bodies have been found to match the mysterious person, therefore he still remains MIA. The Avengers have not commented on the situation.

Park Industries has also begun to fund food banks and charities for those who suffered harshly during the attack, Park Jinyoung's PA, Im Jaebum, has reportedly contacted many businesses in hopes to branch out and-

Jeongin felt the cold air slash his face when he hurriedly walked out the coffee shop, not wanting to here anymore from the TV mounted on the wall inside. The hot chocolate felt warm in his hands, but all of a sudden nothing felt appetizing. Instead, Jeongin felt numb, his throat dry and instead of a beverage to eeze the pain, he wanted to scream.

Instead, he briskly walked away from the coffee shop, narrowly missed dropping his drink on a hurrying man in a business suit, but somehow walked away from the situation just as frazzled.

"Excuse me." He mumbled belatedly, however the man had already walked off, leaving Jeongin a little out of place in the middle of the relatively empty pavement.

This was the first time Jeongin had been out since the attack, after being evacuated to his family in Busan for the first week, and then allowed back into Seoul with his grandma (who was, strangely, completely relaxed at the idea of an alien invasion taking place right above her) (but then again is anyone surprised).

He had curled himself into a tight ball for hours on end during the time at home, a random show on Netflix playing in the back or a group call of his friends, in which they all sat in moderate silence, which only seemed to damper everyone's demeanour even more.

Because not everyone was there.

Felix was missing, and has been since the day he ripped out of Jeongin's grip and ran face first into the line of fire. Everyone assumes he had been lost during the attack when the school gates opened and thousands of students poured out, running to the safety of wherever the local authorities had urged them to go.

Jeongin couldn't move, and let himself be pulled towards one of the evacuation buses by surrounding peers. The world was deaf to him, a constant sound of feedback ringing in his ears as he gripped Felix's school blazer like an anchor.

A body hadn't been found, and yet students and teachers alike mourned the loss of him. The whole swim team has proposed the idea of a memorial in the gymnasium, but quickly put that idea to rest when news came that Chan would not be returning to school at the loss of his brother.