CHAPTER11

i warned you :D

TW : SCHOOL
LOCKDOWN.

"And another round of applause to the swim team for winning the regional cup!" The head teacher said with enthusiasm, met with a far less excited clapping from the students. Jeongin let out a long fake yawn, earning a small snort from Felix, who sat in the row infront of him.

It was pure coincidence that Felix's class, a whole year above Jeongin's had chosen to say infront of his own during their weekly friday assembly, not that either of them were complaining. Beside him his friends just kept rolling their eyes everytime Felix turned around just a little to make eye contact with Jeongin, before promptly turning back around to hear the announcements.

Everything was calm, a little boring, but very much calm at that moment. Jeongin was looking forward to the weekend, where after swim practise he and all his friends (plus boyfriend) were going to watch a movie. Maybe after that Felix would come over, where they would just lounge around all day doing nothing, or go out to McDonald's for an apple pie (or four).

Everything was calm.

Until it wasn't.

Suddenly, an overbearing alarm rang throughout the assembly hall, catching the head teacher mid-sentence, confusion fluttering across his features.

Jeongin sat up straight, looking around the hall in confusion as well, "Fire alarm?"

Felix was the first to stand up, his eyes wide and face absolutely frozen in fear.

It seemed to send of a chain of reaction, as immediately students began to get up as well, but floundered around at their seats- unsure of where to go or what to do.

Except Felix, who suddenly seemed to snap out of his daze and back into a expression of understanding, but he was flushed, forhead covered in a wave of anxiety filled sweat. Jeongin immediately understood, Felix's face and restless hands paired with an alarm no one had heard before, his mouth went dry.

Body betraying him, Jeongin unconsciously grabbed onto Felix's blazer sleeve, gripping tightly as he muttered, "It's a lockdown."

"Lockdown?"

"It's a lockdown?"

"Wait- is someone in the school?"

"Holy shit! It's a lockdown."

Like dominos the calm and confused facade collapsed, and the thousand or so teenage boys burst into a flurry of fear and horror. Some instinctively pulled towards one another, others desperately looking for a teacher to explain what to do now.

"Everyone!" The all to familiar voice of the coach said, "Please remain in your seats and follow our instructions in an orderly fashion!"

Normally, the coach spoke with authority and wisdom, yet the end of his words wavered and voice cracked under pressure, and all of a sudden reality was far too heavy for Jeongin to carry.

Immediately, people shuffled back to their seats, however this time in their small little groups that had formed in a panic. Others chose to lay on the ground instead, their phones out of their pockets and shining up at their pale faces.