CHAPTER05

CHAPTER 05;
FISHY FEELINGS

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." Jeongin muttered nervously under his breath, anxiety flowing quickly through his veins.

He watched in horror, as a hooded figure raised a gun at the shop owner, shouting instructions.

"Open it! Give me all the money and I won't blow your brains out!" He shouted, voice gruff and contorted. Jeongin could only kneel down on the ground, a few younger school children- not older than 9 or 10- huddled behind him in fear.

Jeongin had simply come into the local corner shop for a cold drink, the summers heat finally catching up with him. A few moments after him a huddle of young and excited primary school kids had come in, chatting excitedly about what flavour icecream they were going to buy.

And then he walked in.

As far as he could tell, the gun man hadn't realised their little group at the back of the convenient store, or didn't care enough to threaten them. Either way Jeongin was on the verge of a panic attack, the weight of the children behind him becoming increasingly unbearable. As soon as the shouting had began, the reflection from the metal gun reaching Jeongin's eyes, he had hastily grabbed hold of the children beside him. Dragging them behind a tall aisle of cans, and now they sat in a bubble of fear.

The gun man was growing impatient, "I won't ask again lady- hurry the fuck up!" He shouted, edging the weapon closer to the shop keepers head, "Money. In the bag. Now. Or you die."

Suddenly door bell jingled, indicating someone had walked in. The teenager held his breath.

However, instead of screaming or the horrific sound of a bullet piercing through the air, Jeongin could roughly make out a sound of protest- and then something clanging to the ground.

He was so scared to look around the aisle to see, he just took in a deep breath, making eye contact with the kids behind him. Whether it was to calm him or them down, he wasn't sure, but they were all in silent tears.

"Damn, someone's a little bossy bitch today." A deep voice said and Jeongin swore he could've passed out in relief. "How fucking dare you point a gun at an innocent and unarmed person, you sick fuck."

Taking his chances, he peeked out from behind the tall aisle of cans. Immediately, the irritatingly familiar colour of red and black instantly turned to his direction, and Jeongin was so happy to see Spidermans annoying suit that his eyes began to water.

It was then did something snap behind the mask.

"Oh my god Jeongin- are...are those kids behind you?" He asked astonished, the gun man aimlessly hanging like a trapped fly from the ceiling behind him.

Jeongin stood shakily, vaguely aware of a small school boy gripping onto his blazer like a life line. "Yeah, there's 5 of us back here."

The boy wasn't sure if his words were even audible, as they were laced in aftershock and paranoia.

Spiderman stood frozen, staring at the group of shaking, tear stained children. It was under this heavy scrutiny did Jeongin realise his cheeks were also damp, body shaking unconsciously.

"I've never seen such a horrible person like you in this neighbourhood." Spiderman said with a sudden tone of utter resentment, turning back to face the gunman, who's exposed face was now red with blood, "What the fuck is wrong with you? You knew there were children in here- didn't you?"

The man simply let out a harsh and laboured breath, dizzy from hanging upside down. But the masked hero was having none of that. In a sudden explosion of anger, he brought his fist dangerously close to the gun man.

"This is the last time I ever want to see your face in this neighbourhood, ever again." He stated slowly, venom dripping from every word. Jeongin could only watch in an unexplainable feeling, slowly moving towards the hero.

Spiderman spun back around, facing Jeongin, his fists tight and anger obviously shaking his thoughts.

They were a less than a foot apart, and while they had been closer before- it felt more genuine this time. Like there was an unspoken touch between them.

It was he who spoke first, "Thank you." The teenager said softly, with so much gratitude weaved into it. Adrenaline was beginning to die down, and Jeongin's breathing calmed down.

Spiderman watched him silently, nodding absentmindedly.

It was then did he slowly move his hand towards Jeongin, and instead of flinching or hesitating to welcome it, the teenager stood. The hero's hand cupped Jeongin's face softly, their thumb running across the teenagers damp cheeks.

"Don't cry, Jeongin."

Is all he said, before he ripped away his arm and quite literally flew out the door.

Jeongin continued to stand in shock, admiration and an unexplainable flutter in his chest, as seconds later the sounds of police sirens entered his senses.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

what?? is?? THIS??

the president of the
spiderman clowning club
yang jeongin, is NOT
CLOWNING HIM???

WHAT COULD THIS
MEAN?????????

━━━━━━━━━━━━━

― SAKI.
05/07/19