BONUS CHAPTER

Several Years Later...

"Listen here plant. I am your leader, and you will fear me," I bent a single drop of water above the plant, "your reward for not screaming all the time like my damn daughter is water. I will water you like the kind leader I am. I choose who lives and dies, and my verdict is you live," I started lowering the water ever so delicately onto the flower.

Zuko barged into our room, "(Y/N)!"

The water splashed onto the plant, roughly. 

I groaned and turned to face my husband, "What has the child done now? I swear I'm going to unretire my bloodbending just so I can make her take a nice long walk off of a really short cliff."

Zuko smiled, "Don't say that, you know you love her."

I sighed, "Unfortunately. Well, what is it? You have your 'I have an important thing to tell you' face on."

"Ah, yes," he frowned, "Aang called. There's a problem in Republic City. They need you."

"Me? Why can't you deal with it, Fire Lord Zuko?"

"Well, Fire Lady (Y/N), it's a unique problem, something you're suited for."

"What kind of problem?"

"A bloodbending kind of problem."

My face fell, "Ugh. That's still a thing?"

He sighed, "Unfortunately. Well, you leave in three hours, the ship's getting ready."

"So soon?"

"Well, it seemed really urgent."

"Well," I smiled and walked up to Zuko, "three hours is enough."

He wrapped his hand around my waist, "three hours could never be enough. I could spend all the time in the world with my beautiful wife."

"Shut up and kiss me."

He grinned and obliged. 

***

The ship ride to Republic City wasn't very eventful. I gotta say, ships are nothing compared to Appa.

In the distance, at least another 700 feet,  I saw Aang waiting for me at the harbor. I looked at the ship's crew, "Well, this has been real, but I'm out."

I jumped off the side of the ship and froze the water below me. 

"Fire Lady! What are you doing?"

"Peace!" I froze a path in the ocean and ran towards Aang, "What's up, old friend?"

"(Y/N)," he laughed, "it's never a dull moment with you."

"Well," I smiled, "you know me. Anyway, I understand that I'm not here to catch up with old friends?"

Aang frowned, "Yes, follow me, I'll explain the whole thing."

He explained everything. 

"So," I said, "Basically, there's a crazy man named Yakone who uses bloodbending not during a full moon."

"Sound familiar?"

"Sounds like me."

Aang smiled, "So, are we bringing the Dual Bender back?"

"Oh, she's been waiting for this."

We walked onto the streets of Republic City. 

"What are you doing here, Aang?"

I turned around to see Toph, I grinned. 

"I told you I had it covered," she continued, "but," she smiled, "(Y/N)!"