Lonely

[ZUKO'S POV]

This week has been crazy. Ozai really is my father, and (Y/N)... well, she... I don't know! For the first time in my life, I couldn't analyze her. I couldn't figure out what was going through her mind. I had finished up with a few meetings, regarding Yu Dao, and headed back to my room. Our room. 

I just hoped she'd say something this time. 

I didn't understand what was wrong. Sure she almost completely killed my sister, but haven't we all?

I pushed the door open to see that (Y/N) was gone. 

Did she go to use the bathroom?

I saw a piece of paper on the bed. I picked up the paper. 

Dear Zuko, 

I love you. I really do. The only thing I have ever been so sure of in my life... well, it's that I love you. You don't deserve this, I know. I'll be back in a few weeks, or a month... I don't know yet. I just need to control this ability. I need to make it so I don't hurt anyone anymore.

Good bye, love. 

But, not forever.

I promise. We are going to get married. We are going to have children. We're going to live a beautiful life.

Always yours, 

(Y/N)

What? She.. no. No way. 

I ran outside our room, "Guards! Search the area right now! (Y/N) is missing!"

"Right away," they all turned to leave. 

"And send word out to the Avatar!"

I saw that the window in our room was open and I jumped off of it. I ran into the streets, and came across an abandoned mansion. Something about it seemed so... familiar.

It reminded me of her

I stared at it for at least 10 minutes.

I saw a few guards run by, no doubt looking for (Y/N). 

I heard a faint scream. 

It sounded like... my name? 

(Y/N). She's there. I know she's there. 

"Guards!"

They turned to me, in anticipation for my command. 

"Search this hou-" an explosion sounded from inside the house, sending me back a couple hundred feet. 

No.

The dust and smoke cleared and I ran towards the house. Everything was completely destroyed. 

The Guards searched the dust for hours. For what? I was not entirely sure. But, nevertheless, I told them to. 

"Lord?" A guard came up to me. 

"What?" I snapped. I looked up at his face, and his expression was solemn. 

He held out an all too familiar necklace, "I'm so sorry."

I snatched (Y/N)'s betrothal necklace out of his hands, "keep looking."

"But sir, no one could have survived that."

"How dare you. It's not true. IT'S NOT TRUE!" I screamed, "KEEP LOOKING."

"A-As you wish," he scurried away.