"Do I have too?" He asked.

"Listen I'm gonna run. I'll see you in a couple hours for pre-game. Just take a second both of you. Soak in the stillness." Ms. Jenn said walking away.

Charlie and Ricky looked at each other and both gave a light smile until they heard a thud from behind making them look and see a sand bag on the floor.

"Sorry!" They heard someone yell, making them look at each other in confusion.

"I think that was me." Another person yelled.

"Okay, how many people are in here?" Ricky yelled out.

"Do you wanna," Charlie asked not wanting to be by a lot of people.

"Yeah." Ricky said. They walked outside into the hallway.

"I can't believe it's actually happening." Ricky said. Charlie smiled.

"Yeah. You deserve it Ricky. I wish you good luck." Charlie said smirking making Ricky chuckle.

"Thanks. Hey umm about that night in the theater." Ricky started to say.

"Oh yeah it was totally in the moment thing. Don't worry about." Charlie said not wanting to get hurt.

"Oh yeah uh, yeah no worries I was just making sure."  Ricky said putting the jewelry box he had in his hand back in his pocket.

They both stood their, uncomfortable.

"Well I'll see you at the show the show?" Charlie asked.

"Yeah, yeah." Ricky said. Charlie walked away breathing in deeply, upset about how the almost kiss meant nothing to him. Ricky sighed walking the opposite direction.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We got mystery flowers people!" Carlos yelled out holding to big bouquets of flowers.

"Wow those are massive but beautiful." Charlie said looking at mostly the one with sunflowers.

"Why mystery?" Big Red asked.

"There's no card, for both of them so I'm guessing it's dealers choice. But if I had to bet I'd say there both for our leading lady." Carlos stated.

Nini smiled and looked at Chase. Woah what's going on there? Charlie thought.

"I didn't get those. Sorry." Chase said.

Charlie walked up to Chase and sat next to him smirking at him. She nudged his arm.

"What?" He said chuckling. She gave him a knowing look. He scoffed and smiled.

"I asked Nini out earlier today. We aren't official yet so don't make a big deal out of it." Chase said making Charlie's mouth drop in shock.

"You asked Nini out on a date and didn't bother to tell me?" She said hitting him in the back of the head.

"Ow I'm sorry! Why'd you slap me?" Chase said rubbing his head.

"I'm your best friend I'm allowed to." Charlie said.

"Half hour!" Natalie yelled making everyone yell out in excitement.

"Okay, last touches anyone? Speak now or forever hold your face!" Kourtney yelled out.

"My beautiful babies! Let's gather round for some housekeeping!" Ms. Jenn said.

"First of all who brought the Versailles and the Sunflowers?" Ms. Jenn asked looking at the flowers.

"No one knows." Carlos said chuckling.

"Well, I suppose we'll just have to share then." Ms. Jenn said, "Oh and speaking of sharing most of you know that our dazzling Taylor had to leave under family circumstances. Gina sends her love and support to all of you, but unfortunately she's on the East Coast and won't be able to make it to tonight's performance."

Charlie looked down, she wanted Gina to be here more than anything.

"And so I have asked Kourtney to fill in her stead." Ms. Jenn announced, making everyone clap. Charlie clapped lightly still bummed about Gina not being here.

"So now, what I would like to do is please think of a word or phrase from the show that expresses where your head is, or your goals for tonight. If anyone wants to share." Ms. Jenn said.

"You're my guys and this is our team." Big Red said, making everyone smile.

"What if you want to try something really new,"  Ricky started and looked at Charlie. Charlie looked at him, "and it's a total disaster and all your friends laugh at you?"

"Aw no one will laugh at you. You're gonna do great." Charlie said making Ricky smile.

"Oh um, do you ever feel like there's this whole other person inside of you just looking for a way to come out." Nini said.

"Do the romp, and strut you stuff!" Carlos said making everyone laugh.

"My shower head is very impressed with me." Kourtney said making people chuckle.

"I'm proud to call you my sister." EJ said looking at Ashlyn.

"Aw. It's close enough." Ashlyn said smiling.

"My nail beds are history." Ashlyn said making people laugh.

"Sharpest kinda cute, too." Seb said.

"So is mountain lion but you don't pet it!" They all finished for him.

"What team?" Charlie asked smiling.

"Wildcats!" Everyone else yelled.

"And I'll just say no matter what happens tonight, we're all in this together." Ms. Jenn said making Charlie and Ricky look at each other. "Okay wildcats take a moment to settle your nerves. If we had a curtain. It would be up in 20 minutes!"

They all cheered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie watched on the side with Ej as Ricky and Nini started the show. She looked at Ej and saw he was on his phone still.

"Ej?" She asked him.

"Yeah?" He responded still looking at his phone.

"You know we're putting on an actual show, right?" She said casually.

"Hey thanks Charlie I have the power of sight." EJ chuckled. She glared at him.

"So you wanna get off that phone for ten minutes and be part of the team?" She asked him. He turned off his phone and put it in his pocket.

"Uh yeah sorry." EJ said looking out at the performance.

"Forgiven." Charlie said nudging him.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie and Carlos were trying to teach Kourtney the dance routine that Taylor has to do during Stick To The Status Quo. Kourtney was trying to split but it just wasn't working.

"Mmm-mmm. Charlie you have to play Taylor I can't do this." Kourtney said handing the tray to Charlie. Charlie gave it back to Kourtney.

"You can do this Kourtney. Trust me." Charlie said.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time for Stick To The Status Quo!" Ms. Jenn said making people cheer in excitement. "This is our biggest Act One showstopper, and you're all going to kill it because I love you. Any questions?"

"I have a couple hundred!" Kourtney said clearly stressed.

"How is the Taylor dance gonna work?" Seb asked. "Gina's tray-ography is really complex."

"I can run to the pit and have ochestra cut that part!" Carlos said.

"Or we could just have Gina do it!" Kourtney exclaimed which made Charlie look at Kourtney in confusion then look at where Kourtney was looking. Charlie face lit up with happiness.

"Gina!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you all liked this chapter :)