Chapter 7

Charlie's POV

I was kinda of angry at Ricky for being rude but I really didn't want any drama so I'm ignoring it.

I was in the bathroom with Carlos and Natalie trying to find her emotional support hamster.

"Natalie, I don't think he's in here." I said giving up. Natalie started tearing up. My eyes widen.

"Oh don't cry we'll keep looking!" I said not wanting her to cry. Carlos nodding along.

I was looking underneath the sinks when Carlos screamed making me jump and hit my head on the sinks.

"Ow son of bitch!" I screamed. I look at them. "Why!"

"She stepped on my toe!" Carlos exclaim. Natalie left with her cardboard box and we followed.

"I need a moment." Natalie said walking away from everyone around the door.

"Is he dead?" Ashlyn asked Carlos and I.

"No." Carlos sighed.

"Now she thinks he's in her gym locker." I said sighing.

"Why the screaming and cursing?" Ashlyn asked.

"That was me. Natalie stepped on my toe and since I screamed. It scared Charlie and she hit her head." Carlos said.

"It hurt like a bitch." I said rubbing my head.

"We're ready to begin, people." Carlos said to everyone and then walking to EJ and Nini who looked angry.

"Ms. Jenn talked to Ricky, he's running late." Carlos said to them.

"Who cares?" Ej said sadly.

"Hmm. You might, considering you're his understudy." I said.

"We're blocking the Troy, Gabriella duet. You're on, lovers!" Carlos exclaimed and lead the way to the rehearsal room.

I grabbed Nini before she started walking and drag her back.

"What's going on?" I asked. Nini sighed, then explained everything. After she was done I understood why Ricky was so mad. He thought Nini betrayed him because EJ knew about the voicemail. He just took his anger out on me.

"It's gonna be ok, Nini. Boyfriends come and go, but girlfriends last forever. I'm always there for you." I said smiling. She smiled back and hugged me.

"Thank you." She said.

"No problem, we should go before Carlos starts to freak." I said. She laughed as we heading to rehearsal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Can you move a little closer to each other?" Ms. Jenn asked Nini and EJ who were on stage five feet apart from each other. Nini took a little step. "A little more." Asked Ms. Jenn. EJ gave a desperate smile and moved closer.

"Come on, guys, were blocking this as a love story, not a SARS epidemic." Ms. Jenn said making me smile softly, amused.

"I think that chair was over there." Carlos said pointing to the chair on stage.

"How did you remember that?" I asked him, he shrugged.

After a watching Big Red mess up five times fixing the stage it was time for EJ and Nini to sing the love song. And let me tell you it was ugly. She really had and deep hatred for EJ right now.

"Well this is a choice." Gina said to me, who she was sitting next to. I raised my eyebrows, what is she up to?

After they finished the song, no one clapped.