Chapter 12

3rd POV

Charlie was sitting next to Ej while watching Ricky and Nini sing start of something new. They look great together, Does Ricky still like her, he hasn't talked about her for awhile now. She thought has she sighed.

"You ok?" Ej asked Charlie nudging her. She looked at him. He's become very close to her over the past couple of days.

"Uh yeah just I have a lot of stuff on my mind." She said giving a soft smile.

"Anything I could to do to help?" He asked. This is why he's the best sometimes.

"Not right now but I'll let you know in the future if I need your help. But either way thanks for being there for me." Charlie said giving him a hug.

"No problem." He said as he hugged her back. Ricky watched Ej hug Charlie as was singing. He shook his head focusing on the song.

The bell rang signaling the days over. Which meant it was Thanksgiving Break!

"Yes! Yes! Whoo!" EJ yelled one joy as Charlie jumps away from him in shock. Everyone also looked at him in shock. "Sorry I just really love Thanksgiving."

"Okay, hold on I know everyone is excited for the holiday break. But I'm me and I have notes," Ms. Jenn chuckled, "Ricky and Nini that was good but it could be better. She said in the spirit of holiday cheer! Also Charlie rehearse your lines just in case." Charlie nodded her head has she walked to Gina.

"Did you talk to Ricky yet?" She asked Charlie.

"No we haven't been alone yet." She responded. Gina sighed.

"Are you trying to ignore the conversation cause he looks like he's ready to talk to you." Gina said nudging her head towards Ricky. Charlie looked and saw Ricky looking at her. He looked away once they made eye contact.

Charlie sighed. Maybe she is ignoring the situation. She just didn't want anything to change. But she also knew thing were already changing.

"Your homework over the break, all of you, is to please go on vocal rest. And go over your lines to which is hard to do on vocal rest. But make it work. And remember may nothing ever block your doorway to happiness."

"Excuse me!" Mr. Mazzara said coming into the room.

"Ok starting now." Ms. Jenn said glaring at the robotics teacher.

"Oh don't mind me. I just came to return a missing item. Ashlyn. Cannot have our robotics team co-captain going home without her binder over break." The robotics teacher said handing the binder to Ashlyn.

Charlie smirked as she saw Big Red staring at Ashlyn in awe. Aww they're gonna get together, she thought.

"Party at Ashlyns after Thanksgiving tomorrow!" Carlos yelled grabbing everyone's attention. 

Charlie smiled as she said goodbye to her friends and started walking out.

"Hey!" She heard from behind her. She looked and saw Ricky running up to her. Her heart started to race as she started to panic. I can't talk about what happened now I'm not ready! She thought.

"Uh hi." She said as he caught up to her walk with next to her.

"I just wanted to saw I'm sorry for the way I acted after the save Ms. Jenn thing." He said making her look at him.

"It's okay."  She said as they walked outside. "Why did you act that way though?" She asked already knowing the answer.

"Umm honestly I wasn't feel that great." Ricky lied knowing that he actually acted that way because he was jealous.