Chapter 10

Charlie's car ^^^^^

3rd POV

"But only as friends." Charlie said to Chase. Chase looked at her and sighed.

"Look Chase, you are a amazing person, and I want to be part of your life. I want to go back to being best friends. I'm sorry if you don't feel the same way." Charlie said looking in his eyes.

Chase nodded. He knew that this would happen. He knew he missed his shot. She's moved on. He missed her so much. The way she laughed, her crazy personality, the way she looked at him. The way she looks at Ricky now.

"I'll give you time to think about us being best friends again, okay?" Charlie said leaving Chase alone to his thoughts.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Charlie's POV

I walked home overwhelmed. What is going to happen with the play? What about Ms. Jenn? Chase still likes me? Why does Ricky care so much about Chase and me?

I deep in thought until my phone buzzed.

💖🎹🎙Ashlyn🎙🎹💖: meet us at Big Reds at 5.

Why is she going to Big Reds house? Who's we? I sighed as I walked into my house.

"I'm home!" I yelled. My pops walked into the kitchen.

"Ms. Jenn might get fired." He told me.

"I know. How do you know?" I asked sighing putting my bag on the counter.

"I'm part of the parent council. How do you know?" He asked.

"Long story." I said not really wanting to talk about my day.

"Is everything else alright?" Pops asked.

"I hope so," I said truthfully, "Ashlyn told me to go to Big Reds so I'm gonna get ready."

I walked upstairs and put my stuff away. I changed out of my school clothes and changed into something more comfy. Black long sleeve and black and white flannel pants. I brushed my hair and sprayed perfume and grabbed my car keys, phone, and water bottle.

I got into my car and drove to Big Reds. I knocked on his door and no one came so I opened the door myself. I heard people talking downstairs so I walked downstairs.

As I walked down I saw the entire cast and crew of the play. Everyone looked at me.

"Umm what's going on?" I asked.

EJ came up to me as soon as he saw me.

"Charlie I'm so sorry I snapped at you in the bomb shelter. I was overwhelmed with information and," EJ rambled until I cut him off.

"It's okay." I said smiling. He smiled at me and then looked at what I was wearing.

"Pajamas? Really?" He asked me.

"Shut up." I said chuckling.

"We all ended up in the basement after a really bad day. So someone should say something." Ashlyn said to everyone. I went and sat down next to Ricky.

"Fine I'll say something," Carlos exclaimed, "I'm mad at Ms. Jenn."

"Why?" I asked.

"Because she's got a couple skeletons in her closet?" Gina asked scoffing.

"No. Because she's giving up. She was the first teacher to not see me as a punchline. And now she's not even a real teacher?" Carlos said.

My eyes started watering. Ms. Jenn changed all of our lives. Without her I would not of auditioned. Without her I wouldn't have this family. I can't imagine the play without her.