The two biters that Cynthia and I had to deal with were a little bit trickier. I swung my axe at the dead guy that initially rushed towards us, but I missed the corpse's head, and the blade became lodged in the biter's shoulder.

"Shit! Cynthia, help!" I yelled like the badass that I am.

"Busy!" Cynthia shouted back to me.

The last of the dead things had grabbed Cynthia by her wrists, and Cyn dropped her knife to the ground and was wrestling with the undead woman.

"Go, help Cyn," Mick told me.

I avoided the undead guy with my axe lodged in his shoulder and ran up to the corpse trying to bite into the front of Cynthia's neck. I grabbed the stench by its shoulders and pulled it away from Cyn. I threw the corpse down to the ground and began frantically looking for Cyn's knife.

"Got it," Cyn told me. She snatched her weapon up from the ground and as the undead creature sat upright, Cynthia drove the point of the blade into the corpse's forehead.

I turned around to see if Mick needed any help, but he didn't. Mick was standing over the last corpse with my axe in his hand. Mick had taken the liberty of removing the stench's head from the rest of its body.

"This thing's pretty cool, Reid," Mick told me, referring to the axe.

"I know it is," I replied.

"Take anything in trade for it?"

"What do you have?"

"What'll you take?"

"Got any Playboys or Hustlers?"

"Nope."

"No deal then."

"Damn," Mick sighed, handing over my axe.

Cynthia looked back in the direction of the warehouse and waved the rest of the group over to join us at the van.

"That was a little too close," Angela told Cyn. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine, sis. Damn dead things can be a little wiry."

"There's no sign of Carter anywhere," Janice told us.

"Good," I responded.

We all gathered the rest of our supplies from the van and took off. Nicole had to lead the way to the dentist's office.

Janice and I stayed at the back of the group. After every few blocks or so, her and I would look behind us to make sure that asshole Carter and what was left of his group weren't following us.

"I don't see anything. I don't think Carter noticed us leaving," Janice told me.

"Yeah, I haven't spotted him either," I responded.

Nicole turned around to face the rest of the group. "We're not that far away. When we get to the intersection that's up ahead, we're gonna make a left and-"

"Wait, do you hear that?" Mick interrupted.

The group got quiet. "Yeah, I do," I replied after listening for a couple of seconds.

"That sounds like a lot of dead fuckers," Cyn muttered.

"I'll go check it out," I said.

I ran ahead of the others, approaching the intersection. The groans and snarls of the dead things grew louder and louder as I got closer to the street corner. The biters sounded like they were coming from the right hand side, so I crossed the road and inched towards the street corner.