1 | reunion of two souls

Start from the beginning

"I was just about to go home, but I don't mind going somewhere to catch up."

As if it was on cue, Komori popped up beside the both of them and beamed. "Let's go to a nearby café!"

Sakusa grumbled at his suggestion. The thought of the germs inside the shop made him shiver, and he decided to only go because of (Y/N).

"That sounds great! Ah, I forgot to introduce myself! I'm (L/N), (Y/N), nice to meet you!"

"Komori Motoya at your service!" He bowed to her at which she waved off.

After a short walk, they arrive in front of a small coffee shop that was moderately busy. As Komori and (Y/N) walked in, Sakusa stood outside and stared at the crowd that formed inside. He huffed out a breath full of displeasure before forcing himself in. They found a spot near the window and sat down, while Sakusa stayed standing.

"When did you come back?" Sakusa asked.

"Just a few hours ago. I wanted to check out the school I would be attending and unexpectedly found out you two also go to the school."

Komori grinned at (Y/N). "You're going to love it here at Itachiyama Academy!"

After a few hours of talking, the sky had already turned dark, and the shop only had a few people left inside. The street lights had turned on, and the crickets start chirping.

"You played volleyball in America? That's cool!" Komori was really into the conversation. "We should play sometime."

"I'm not that good though," (Y/N) laughed out. "I only played it for two years before quitting.

"Good old Sakusa here can help! He is one of the three aces in Japan after all."  He jabbed his thumb in the direction of Sakusa who turned his head to the side and murmured something along the lines of helping anytime she asked.

Komori abruptly jumped out of his seat and glanced outside. "Ah, it's already dark outside. I better head home before my mom starts scolding me."

He slung his backpack over his shoulder before giving the two a wave. "Well, see you guys tomorrow!" The door chimed as he left, leaving Sakusa and (Y/N) together.

"Let me walk you home, it's unsafe for a lady to walk by herself in the dark," Sakusa offered.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's on my way back anyway."

(Y/N) smiled at him before getting up from her seat. They began to walk in silence where the air grew thick.

"So, how was your time in America?" Sakusa asked, breaking the ice.

"Well, I learned a lot of things like English."

"That's nice."

After resuming a few moments of silence, (Y/N) finally spoke up.

"I'm sorry I never tried to reach out to you," she said while fumbling with her thumbs. "I missed you a lot though, Kiyo!"

"It's fine, it's not like you could do anything about it," he replied coldly.

They finally stop in front of a stone path that had ivy and ferns growing through the crevices of an old winding stone path, which led directly to the petite structure. (Y/N)'s mom spotted them through the window and flung the door open.

"Welcome back (Y/N), who's the young man beside you?"

(Y/N) almost forgot how much Sakusa must've changed in her mom's eyes. "It's Kiyo."

"Kiyoomi-kun? Oh my, you're so tall now!" (Y/N)'s mom walked up to them and inspected Sakusa.

"Hello (L/N)-san," Sakusa greeted and slightly bowed.

"Come join us for dinner. I'm sure (Y/N) has a lot to talk about!"

"Okaa-san. I'm sure he needs to go home now. We have school tomorrow." (Y/N) crosses her arms before giving Sakusa an apologetic look.

"Maybe next time, Kiyoomi-kun? We can invite your family over too. It'll be a good reunion."

"I'm sure my family will be happy to see your family. Thank you for the invitation. It's getting late so I must go now. Have a good evening." Sakusa bowed to (Y/N)'s mom before facing (Y/N).

"I'll see you tomorrow then." He placed his hand in his pocket and turned away to leave.

"Ah, Sakusa-kun has grown up very well. I can't wait to have grandchildren-"

"Okaa-san!"

"I was kidding. Now let's go back inside before you catch a cold," she says to (Y/N) and walked back into the house.

(Y/N) looked up at the sky. The breeze blew cool chills, making her shiver a bit. The sky above was cloudless and revealed the stars that twinkled in the midnight velvet region. It was rare to see the stars in America as it was always cloudy and blocked the view, but here, she could see it all so clearly.

What a serendipitous encounter (Y/N) had today. She didn't expect to see him on the first day back and was satisfied to see how much Sakusa had grown over the years.

"(Y/N)!" Her mother shouted out, making her snap out of her ruminations.

It was only the beginning of their story.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

i'm having too much fun writing for this guy, it's kind of unhealthy (ᵕᴗ ᵕ⁎)

please vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter!
all your votes/comments are greatly appreciated!

please vote and/or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! all your votes/comments are greatly appreciated!