Chapter Nine

[A/N] Gonna be a filler chapter! You’ll see why in a minute :3 and just to recap! Ben is a boy that was in Larry’s orphanage when he was little. He was mentioned in the first book in the first chapters and was a main character in the second. He went by the surname “N” and didn’t have much speaking parts. As you recall, Ben stayed with Harry after Eleanor’s funeral. If you need more explanation then just ask :)

This is a small chapter! Like I said, I don't have much time right now to write. I have to get homework down sadly!

-----

Ben’s POV

Why did they have to take me again? Is it because Nat’s obsession over Larry, Harry and Louis? Perhaps it is because he just wants me to give him information? The only information that was forced out of me is that Harry is lonely. Nat and River both despised up a plan that it doesn’t seem real enough to happen, yet it is. The plan was set into motion once they let Brent ant Trent out of their cages.

I will never understand why Nat and River hate Larry so much. Sure the Nat just wants to revenge his father, but his father is gone. Authorities told Nat and River that he died or more like killed himself. I’m glad that horrible man is gone. He deserved it.

“N! Get your head out of your ass and feed the little bastards!” River screeches in my ears.

I hold in back a wince and an eye roll. I take the plate of oatmeal and toast to the room down in the basement. I look out into the cold dark basement to find Emmett sitting there with a smirk. He’s part of the plan as well. Stella sits in the corner rocking herself back and forth. She’s being eaten alive here. I believe that in a matter of months, she’ll go crazy. I will never know what roll Stella or I play in this horrid plan.

I open the door and look around the small room. It stinks horribly in here. I don’t even want to know why it does. It could possibly be the dried up throw up in the corner. I know it doesn’t belong to Brent or Trent as they barely eat.

The door slams behind me. I know what they want. I must stay in here for the rest of the day. It’s only five o’clock pm meaning I must stay here until that time tomorrow. At least I’ll spend it with two boys.

I look around the room, beaming my eyes at the corner of the room. They both look at me with frightened complexions. I shake my head place the plate of food in front of them. Within seconds, they both devour the food. I understand why they must be hungry. Even I, am hungry myself.

I look around the room deciding what to do. The room is trashed because of the beatings they received from Nat, Emmett and must I say, their father, River. I wish the boys could have been born in a better life. One without all this beating, one without all this pain. Larry got that life, as did Jay. Evan got that life and so did his sister Ellie. Jay’s little brother Niall Payne got that life with his family. Nichole and Niall Horan’s children got a great life as well, why couldn’t two innocent boys get the same?

It’s too late for me to get that life. I had no childhood. It was spent being brainwashed by Nat with all these lies. I, being the young boy I was, didn’t know right from wrong, but once I did, I couldn’t turn back time. All those times I wanted to leave Nat, I couldn’t. I was a foolish child, but I won’t let that happen to these boys.

Grabbing a hold of a book bag, I look around for their belongings. I take their small amount of clothes and stuff the fabric into it. I grab whatever other belongings I can find. I find something that could be used for when they're older. Bracelets their mother gave them. I would be lying if I said I knew why their mother didn’t get custody over them.

I grab their jackets and make them slip them on. They’re are in their usual ragged clothes consisting of shorts and t-shirts. Both their innocent eyes stare at me with wonder. I put their teddy bears in their hands and look out the window in the closet. We can easily get out.

“We’re leaving. Well, you guys are. I’m taking you to live with Liam, Danielle, Jay, and little Niall.” I say.

Their faces brighten up to the point where I thought they would squeal. I open the the window and pop out the frame. I have to be so quiet when doing this. Emmett is just on the other side of the door and could come in at any time. I do the quick thing of putting an old chair underneath the door knob and start letting the boys out into the fresh air.

I hear their lungs inhale the freshness as I do the same. They shouldn’t have been in that smoke infested home. I rush them out to the street. This is where I take my change. I pick them up and race for Liam and Dani’s home that is one mile away. I can run a mile in four minutes without weight on my shoulders, but now I have weight and It might take me at least 12 minutes with two extra loads.

I sprint down the street only taking a few seconds to let my legs get used to the run. In a matter of 10 minutes, I’m there. I put the kids down and grab a piece of paper and pen from the back of my pocket. I write down a quick note and give it to Brent to give to Liam.

“Be good for me okay? Liam will be your new daddy. He will never hurt you. Danielle will be your beautiful mum who will love you with all her heart. Your new little brother Niall will play with you everyday and love you like you two love each other.” I stop myself before I break down into tears. I shoo them to the front door.

Seconds later, I start my run back to the home. I must believe I can beat the clock and get in that basement as quick as possible. My only hope now is that the two boys will find love and trust in that family.