1.11

I stopped just inside the door to place my vote for Homecoming King and Queen upon arriving at the dance

I stopped just inside the door to place my vote for Homecoming King and Queen upon arriving at the dance. With the pen in my hand, I checked off a vote for Hailey and a vote for Ben. It was probably useless; most of their fans knew better than to vote for them now. But, that didn't mean I didn't have to try. Giving them this blow now would be a major advantage.

I scoped out the rest of the scene inside Van Buren. People continued to meander in, the dance floor only partially filled. Deafening pop music blared from massive speakers near the front of the gym. The lights were low, casting a rainbow of lasers and strobe lights across the space.

"Do you want to dance?" Asher asked, holding a hand out to me. My gaze swept across the people around me as their bodies gyrated together in a huge pack. A better word for any dancing at a high school gathering was grinding. For too many groups, my eyes would fall upon them, only to feel like I was witnessing something private.

Hesitantly, I took his hand and let him guide me out to the floor.

He placed his hands on my hips while flush against my back, rocking me sweetly from side to side. I laid my hands on his, drinking it all in. My eyes fluttered closed. His heart thrummed against my spine. This small vacation where I could enjoy his touch would be over soon enough.

As the clock ticked onward, we were joined by Liv and Christian. Liv took me by the hand and dragged me to the middle of the pack, sweeping me into her body at our destination. She ground her ass against my hips. A grin broke out across my face, and I couldn't help but laugh. We soaked up the immense heat, skin growing slick with sweat. It didn't matter. Liv and I always knew how to have fun.

"You can do that to me any time you want," Asher said in my ear. I jumped, spinning around to find him behind me. There was practically no space between our bodies in this crowd.

"What, you want me to grind my hips into your ass?" I retorted.

"I was thinking the other way around, but whatever gets you going," he replied with a taunting smile.

I turned away from him and resumed dancing. "Sorry, but all my special attention is going to my girlfriend tonight."

"You mean my girlfriend," Christian corrected me, crossing his arms. Liv's flush was undeniable, even with the low lighting and makeup that was holding on for dear life.

"You can share me," she promised.

"What if I'm bad at sharing?" he asked.

I threw my head over my shoulder to meet his eyes. "Oh come on, let me have one more nasty dance with my woman."

"You know," Asher told him, leaning over, "If you let them do it, we get to watch."

My eyes widened, a playful scoff escaping my lips. "Can't you go two seconds without thinking with your dick?"